Edit account
» Achievements
» Logout
Game Credits
Credit balance: 0 Cr
Buy credits
» Credit history
» Credits FAQ

Author Topic: Used aircraft market  (Read 12770 times)

Talentz

• Former member
Re: Used aircraft market
« Reply #40 on: April 22, 2009, 09:15:27 PM »
Im doing fine here. All DC-10 fleet.

No problems. Except the locals at KIX are putting up a stronger then expected fight  ;)

Talentz

estair

• Former member
« Reply #41 on: April 22, 2009, 10:01:51 PM »
actually I like it. In AWS 1,2,3 it was too easy to get a very good plane from the used market. Now its challenging and thats what the game is about!

BTI

• Former member
« Reply #42 on: April 23, 2009, 08:57:35 AM »
I'm always up for a good challenge. If the aim is to challenge there should be no good airplanes to start with.

It's the whole lottery concept that I find problematic.

Monk Xion

• Former member
« Reply #43 on: April 23, 2009, 02:09:46 PM »
Yay! I landed some young Boeing 737s!

;D

RK

Dano

• Former member
« Reply #44 on: April 23, 2009, 03:33:04 PM »
isn't it possible to implement a reservation system or something. For me (working and a family) it is almost impossible to find good "used" aircraft, because i can only be max 2 or 3 hours a day online... :-\ :-\ :-\

Jps

• Former member
« Reply #45 on: April 23, 2009, 04:37:11 PM »
isn't it possible to implement a reservation system or something. For me (working and a family) it is almost impossible to find good "used" aircraft, because i can only be max 2 or 3 hours a day online... :-\ :-\ :-\
Doubt it would work, since if everyone got the same reservation, who would get the plane? It would just screw up the system.

ningopingo

• Former member
« Reply #46 on: April 24, 2009, 01:17:30 PM »
there's nothing left on the used market now... no more airbus boeing or MD.... grrrrrr

Filippo

• Former member
« Reply #47 on: April 24, 2009, 02:39:20 PM »
To my opinion, the problem would be solved if the market would be refreshed more often. We have to ask sami if he can do this. Ding this, would get everybody with the aircraft that they want as in real life.

CX717

• Former member
« Reply #48 on: April 24, 2009, 03:00:20 PM »
order new plane,you get what you want.

wano787

• Former member
« Reply #49 on: April 24, 2009, 03:05:46 PM »
For what it is worth, being a 2 game veteran and all (LOL) , I like the new system with the used aircraft being a bit more of a challenge to get, in prosperous times, the second hand aircraft market is lean, as everyone is scrambling for capacity. May be an aircraft auction feature could be the next add-on, but no rush.

My plans is (again for what it is worth) Buy a cheaper older, flick it once your new one arrives, works for me

Anyway, Love the game where it at currently, makes it a bit of a challenge, and really it a strategy such a bad idea ?

Nice one Sami !!!!

Offline isuzu777

• Members
« Reply #50 on: April 24, 2009, 04:44:07 PM »
I don't know.... I don't think it should be too easy... but I think inventory is just a tad too low.

I keep clicking refresh, to get my hands on some MD-90s, and this is the 2nd time that they appear, and then I click, and they are already gone.... Ughhhhh I got sooo excited!

I have new ones on order, but they are taking months to get to me. Getting your hands on some used aircraft to start out with is crucial and allows rapid expansion. I am not going to settle for an inferior Ilyushin or other gas guzzler just because someone can click a little faster than me....

More used A/C please!
~Sonata Airlines- Song of the Skies~

Filippo

• Former member
« Reply #51 on: April 24, 2009, 04:47:56 PM »
The market now is absolutely ridiculous.

When even a new model appears, it is gone in afew seconds. I think that it should be totally refreshed very often, otherwise the winners of this will be the ones who stay online constantly. I can understand a bit of challenge and competition, but the current level is way to much.

CX717

• Former member
« Reply #52 on: April 24, 2009, 05:05:45 PM »
refreshed very often....then the entire world will be make up by used plane only..
My idea is,a fleet cap feature.active after any one airlines fleets bigger then certain size,say 5.
the Top 10% airlines who have the biggest fleet will be block from the used market,they can only buy new plane or wait till they drop out from the top 10%.
how's that.  ::)

Offline Brockster

• Members
« Reply #53 on: April 24, 2009, 05:35:21 PM »
I like that idea... Some airlines already have over 50 planes...

TomarcS

• Former member
« Reply #54 on: April 24, 2009, 06:06:42 PM »
I think placing a cap on airlines is a bit ridiculous, why should they be punished for doing well? Perhaps Sami could instead of releasing aircraft one day a week, spread it out over 3 random days. This way they appear more often, but it's the same amount. Personally I like the new system, but that's because I can set an alarm while I'm studying so I know when to refresh the page. For those that don't know, the aircraft are released at 12:10 on that special day each week.  ;)

CX717

• Former member
« Reply #55 on: April 24, 2009, 06:19:46 PM »
the idea only block the airlines from Used market..
they can still expand by buying new aircraft.

pharmy

• Former member
« Reply #56 on: April 24, 2009, 06:43:34 PM »
So there still is a refreshed used market?

Boom is OK, many different planes to choose from but in jet age, its one and half years for the 1-11, DC 9, and 737. All other smaller planes  have no range and eat gas (1979 is too close). Fine by me, but it does slow down game play. I guess I'll spend my time building up my Embraer commuter network. ;D

Either the planes/month should be more generous (unrealistic) or there should be a staggered slot system (order 10 planes and you get slot 1,11,21 and etc..)

blair21088

• Former member
« Reply #57 on: April 24, 2009, 06:51:44 PM »
This is why I was willing to wait for sami to finish the new production slot system.

pharmy

• Former member
« Reply #58 on: April 24, 2009, 07:19:24 PM »
Yeah I guess we have to wait for that, however for the random release used a/c market I think a limit of 2 a/c per player/day should be imposed. For example : Chang snapped up 10 MD11s in boom right before I could ge just one more  :( , and Talentz snapped up 6 DC 8s in Jet for example (nothing personal, they are both thriving, and rightfullly so). The game would be more balanced and competitive if everyone (not only people who have all day access to the net), has a bite at the used ac market. And coding it wouldn't be too hard I think, as the first day this limit is in place

oswegobag

• Former member
« Reply #59 on: April 24, 2009, 10:04:27 PM »
I agree... I am about to leave the game and not play because it is no fun if I can not compete with someone that has Internet access all day long. Maybe we can pre-order used aircraft somehow in the same way we pre-order new. I am willing to pay more for an airplane now than another airline yet the other airtline gets the plane. This is not true economics. We need either more planes, make the existing planes more expensive, or allow everyone the same access.

WARNING! This website is not compatible with the old version of Internet Explorer you are using.

If you are using the latest version please turn OFF the compatibility mode.