Edit account
» Achievements
» Logout
Game Credits
Credit balance: 0 Cr
Buy credits
» Credit history
» Credits FAQ

Author Topic: Used aircraft market  (Read 12777 times)

olympic17111992

• Former member
Re: Used aircraft market
« Reply #140 on: May 10, 2009, 01:09:21 PM »
Apart from comfort AIRBUS planes are much more technologically advanced!!!!
If you ask any pilot he will tell you that flying an AIRBUS is ridiculous!!!!
And when it comes to safety the less complex situations are the safiest!!

Offline Dasha

• Members
« Reply #141 on: May 10, 2009, 05:02:54 PM »
*Sigh*

You guys wouldn't know style if it hit you in the head... do you honestly think anybody will look around if you land a Boeing or Airbus on somebody's private party?

The Russian planes look good and make good noise. Then about the toilet part.... we only fit toilets because we have to... preferable we'd drill a hole in the floor and put seats where the toilets are now. That's also why you don't get a snack. If you eat... it has to come out. Knowing the quality of the toilets, the airline helps you by NOT giving you snacks so you can stay away from the toilet longer. :P
The people who cast the votes decide nothing. The people who count the votes, decide everything

Filippo

• Former member
« Reply #142 on: May 10, 2009, 07:09:02 PM »
so you agree that the toilet of the Illy is patetic compared to the one of the A340...

pharmy

• Former member
« Reply #143 on: May 10, 2009, 07:25:24 PM »
Demonic has been trying to sell a 763 ER for over half a year now at 190mil (its worth 119mil), so people would rather wait until 2003 then buy it now. Which is 5 years or 260 weeks.  At an average profit of 500k per week is 130 mil of profit missed out on. Damn if I had commonality, even at these inflated prices it might be worth it, especially as I could have about 100 mil left in re-sell value. Keep in mind that my calculations were done after about 5 beers and a couple of brandies and at 1am. But it might be that opportunity cost thing my profs taught me in college.

ngaira

• Former member
« Reply #144 on: May 10, 2009, 08:23:44 PM »
sent him a note asking him to lease it to me as I know nobody is gonna buy it at that price. Guess he is loaded and doesnt regard or need "small change"!!  :)

Offline Dasha

• Members
« Reply #145 on: May 11, 2009, 06:51:11 AM »
so you agree that the toilet of the Illy is patetic compared to the one of the A340...

No. I agree that the A340 is too decadent and posh. If that is the image you want to show to the world and if you want to rip off your customars by asking idiots prices for decadence they don't need, the A340 (and A380) is the right choice.
The people who cast the votes decide nothing. The people who count the votes, decide everything

Filippo

• Former member
« Reply #146 on: May 11, 2009, 02:25:05 PM »
well, let it be luxury, dececy and posh! 8)

Offline Dasha

• Members
« Reply #147 on: May 12, 2009, 07:35:31 AM »
Everybody has their own preferences.... I was flying from Moscow to Astana yesterday in real life... Astana was closed for some reason so we had to land at Karagandy.... there was nothing there at all. Just a basic terminal with no luxuries at all. And although at that point, when you are waiting for a bus to take you to the train station to take the train to Astana you hate it, when I got back to the decadence of Astana, I really liked the simplicity of that airport in Karaganda.

What I'm trying to say is that flying for me is also about the adventure. If I want to see a movie or get some posh food, I'd go to a cinema or restaurant and not a plane. It's a shame Air Astana flies boeings from moscow to astana and no tupolevs :)

Filippo

• Former member
« Reply #148 on: May 12, 2009, 03:28:28 PM »
You really have the spirit of the 1800s explorer that goes around somewhere in the middle of nowhere!

If you want to have an adventure you can go hiking on the mountains, or you could go with your car turning left one turn, right the other and see where you get!

Flying was an adventure in 1920, today it should be a comfortable, relaxing experience (on an Airbus or Boeing)

Offline Dasha

• Members
« Reply #149 on: May 12, 2009, 05:37:47 PM »
How is being wrapped up in American or European sheet metal comfortable and relaxing? Knowing that you pay way too much for a ticket because the airlines paid WAY too much for their flying potato crates....

We have a different sense of comfort and relaxing :D

Filippo

• Former member
« Reply #150 on: May 12, 2009, 05:47:50 PM »
How is being wrapped up in a russian sheet of metal that we call aircraft but that looks more like a cargo plane for the circus?

estair

• Former member
« Reply #151 on: May 12, 2009, 06:18:48 PM »
Flying a russian made aircraft is an adventure (because you never know will you land safely or not), flying Airbus and Boeing is comfort!
If you hear when the Tupolev or Ilyushin is starting, the noise is incredible and you just feel how it burns the fuel...a lot of it.

Online Sami

• Administrator
  • Members
    • AirwaySim - Are you the next Richard Branson?
« Reply #152 on: May 12, 2009, 06:37:12 PM »
I thought it would have been fun to make a small summer trip to Russia, before the old iron planes are gone .. First a Yak-40 from here (Helsinki) to Petrozavodsk and from there some even more exotic plane / airline and so on all the way thru the country. Might be easy to get some cockpit jumpseat places there too as they are not too fussy about all these security things yet. Only if I could speak Russian as speaking English over there is pretty much the same as speaking nothing I believe ..  ;D

aaaanyway. Let's end the off-topic shall we. On to topic, there's still a big lack of used planes in most the games I believe. The new rotation system has been a bit too good actually and it has recycled most of the planes off the market (the 'bad' ones). I will tune it further on upcoming days.
« Last Edit: May 12, 2009, 06:41:38 PM by sami »

Filippo

• Former member
« Reply #153 on: May 12, 2009, 06:49:38 PM »
Ok ok, I'll end the off topic.

Offline Pai

• Members
« Reply #154 on: May 12, 2009, 11:45:51 PM »
Demonic has been trying to sell a 763 ER for over half a year now at 190mil (its worth 119mil), so people would rather wait until 2003 then buy it now. Which is 5 years or 260 weeks.  At an average profit of 500k per week is 130 mil of profit missed out on. Damn if I had commonality, even at these inflated prices it might be worth it, especially as I could have about 100 mil left in re-sell value. Keep in mind that my calculations were done after about 5 beers and a couple of brandies and at 1am. But it might be that opportunity cost thing my profs taught me in college.

Yes, when you can't have over 10 planes in one type, you can't make much profit and you would rather to invest the money somewhere else.
Lunar Airways

Offline Dasha

• Members
« Reply #155 on: May 13, 2009, 05:47:03 AM »
Thanks Sami... at least the expert can appreciate Russian craftmanship :D

Now I'll stop too :P

castelino009

• Former member
« Reply #156 on: May 13, 2009, 09:26:59 AM »
Thanks Sami... at least the expert can appreciate Russian craftmanship :D

Now I'll stop too :P

At last , HAPPY now DASHA  ;D

Offline Gaius Marius

• Members
« Reply #157 on: May 21, 2009, 03:41:44 AM »

You are absolutely right ... even after a few bevvies.  I was seriously considering buying it at that rediculous price based on the long term viability of the deal.  However, I ended up saying "no" because I couldn't justify satisfying his ego and greed as well as damaging mine. 
"Flying is learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss"

WARNING! This website is not compatible with the old version of Internet Explorer you are using.

If you are using the latest version please turn OFF the compatibility mode.