Edit account
» Achievements
» Logout
Game Credits
Credit balance: 0 Cr
Buy credits
» Credit history
» Credits FAQ

Author Topic: Used aircraft market  (Read 12774 times)

castelino009

• Former member
Used aircraft market
« on: April 19, 2009, 04:51:57 PM »
Hi Sami,
the new aircraft generation is system is not the best i guess. There are no required type of aircrafts on used market . I prefer to use only few types of aircrafts (Airbus, ATR, Fokker) but there is none in market. have been waiting for a while now.

When you start a airline there is a business plan done and based on that aircrafts are ordered/leased. The airline is then is based on or around that plan and stick to the same types/models according to the business plan. But here its not possible, as there is not enough aircrafts in market. A small airline cannot afford to have diff types as costs get higher and  any airline (especially startup's) cannot afford that.

Airline6 has a broker feature where we give are requirements and the broker comes back with aircrafts as we requested, any chance we get a similar feature Huh??

I prefer to use Airbus, ATR and Fokker aircrafts not a big fan of boeing and McD etc etc. I dont want to use them , i want to run the airline according to I think how i want and not according to available on market Smiley

Any comments? thoughts? views?

Regards
VJC

RisteMakedonski

• Former member
Re: Used aircraft market
« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2009, 05:48:59 PM »
Finding the right a/c is hard. Planes get snatched up so quickly! >:(

BaptistVirginian

• Former member
« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2009, 05:53:28 PM »
Having a difficult time acquiring used aircraft here myself and getting a little frustrated. But I suppose that is what makes a game a game.. getting by challenges such as these and being patient to boot.

Offline do328jet

• Members
    • RFR Travel
« Reply #3 on: April 19, 2009, 05:56:31 PM »
The small market of used AC has only this advantage, that many airlines can't grow too quickly. Now you have to be patient and wait for your new ordered aircraft.

castelino009

• Former member
« Reply #4 on: April 19, 2009, 06:05:16 PM »
yes id o understand thats what it makes a game, how can you reduce costs?? how will u have fleet commonality??? we are not in real world, its game and we all have limited time to get desired aircrafts.

I cannot stick to what i thought, eg: 1 X A300, 1 X b747, 1X B737, 1 X ATR42, 1X EMB10  can you manage and keep the fleet down with a fleet like this???? I guess no.

I hope u understand my point too :)

VJC

elitemedia

• Former member
« Reply #5 on: April 19, 2009, 06:32:37 PM »
Sorry to say Sami,

I'm actually on game 1 and 2 and i must to say that is unplayable, i dont know what you have been tweekning since the last games, but the used market is simply not accessible, i've spent all my sunday scrutening for any good aicraft and its simply impossible to get any aicraft from Boeing, Airbus or Mc Donnel, when i say i've spent my sunday on it, it really is so, and reloading the aicraft page every 2/3 minutes....

Please don't forget this remains a game, and players can not spend their time and life on it.... i love this game, but sure i can not (as many other "paying" players), spend all my time on it...

PS: also i find that its not very playable to run the manual "personal management" just i missed from 5 minutes a delivery of new aircraft and company image decreases of 3/4 points because we have a lack of staff... so i suggest that when we order a new aicraft we can increase personal at the same time as aicraft order, otherwise its impossible to run manual personal management...

castelino009

• Former member
« Reply #6 on: April 19, 2009, 06:43:58 PM »
Sorry to say Sami,

I'm actually on game 1 and 2 and i must to say that is unplayable, i dont know what you have been tweekning since the last games, but the used market is simply not accessible, i've spent all my sunday scrutening for any good aicraft and its simply impossible to get any aicraft from Boeing, Airbus or Mc Donnel, when i say i've spent my sunday on it, it really is so, and reloading the aicraft page every 2/3 minutes....

Please don't forget this remains a game, and players can not spend their time and life on it.... i love this game, but sure i can not (as many other "paying" players), spend all my time on it...

PS: also i find that its not very playable to run the manual "personal management" just i missed from 5 minutes a delivery of new aircraft and company image decreases of 3/4 points because we have a lack of staff... so i suggest that when we order a new aicraft we can increase personal at the same time as aicraft order, otherwise its impossible to run manual personal management...

hey Elitemedia,

I think your getting what i am saying, exactly same thoughts as you mate, totally agree.

VJC

Obeewan

• Former member
« Reply #7 on: April 19, 2009, 06:46:30 PM »
I am in the same boat at everyone else BUT feel that the new system is an IMPROVEMENT over the old system.  It may be harder to get planes but the game was too easy before.  If someone wanted an airbus or boeing in game 1, which practically everyone always does, they could get one almost anytime or wait a very short time to find one.  The fact that now they are not being randomly generated as the game goes on but are always going to be popping up in a limited amount makes the game grow slower, increases the difficulty--which i enjoy, and is more realistic because it causes airlines to either waitout for that special plane they want or order New aircraft----just like in the real world---nice leaseable airbus and boeing aircraft are hard to come by.  

just my two cents

Elite Airlines

elitemedia

• Former member
« Reply #8 on: April 19, 2009, 06:53:30 PM »
@Obewan,

I perfectly understand your point of view, and would agree totally with you if we was not running an airline in such a short period "3 months", the real fact here, is that AWS is a GAME, and as every game people do it as a hobby, and sure most of people can't affoard to spend 12 hours a day on it scrutening for an aircraft...

Otherwise i'm afraid many people will get bored or frustated and simply quit the game, which i think nobody wishes, because no players no game...

TomarcS

• Former member
« Reply #9 on: April 19, 2009, 07:02:56 PM »
@elitemedia: You always have the option to order your aircraft new from the manufacturer, which can take under 5 minutes to do. Then sign-off and do whatever you want to do until it's delivered. No scavenging for aircrafts required  ;)

Offline Sami

• Administrator
  • Members
    • AirwaySim - Are you the next Richard Branson?
« Reply #10 on: April 19, 2009, 07:34:31 PM »
The previous system where we generated new aircraft to the world out of nowhere and some planes disappeared without a trace was not good and it's not coming back.

The system generates about 5000-7000 planes at the game start and puts them to the market in a certain pace and also otherwise rotates the list too, or scraps the oldest planes there too. It's made to simulate the marketflow until players and their ordered/sold planes start to fill the market more.

I don't have numbers right here and now that how many Boeing's or Airbuses where generated but the system uses also a setting to control this, for example only less than 10 concordes were made while 500 B767's were made for example.

But as this is the first time it has to be perhaps tuned still. But the fact is that the limited supply of 'good' planes do get bought quickly, that's no surprise.

ps. I increased the number planes put up for sale after the first turn, as there are now clearly too few planes available right now. But however if all planes of certain model are sold already (doubt it..) then they cannot magically appear.
« Last Edit: April 19, 2009, 07:48:14 PM by sami »

Offline ekaneti

• Members
« Reply #11 on: April 19, 2009, 09:00:14 PM »
Maybe some of the less popular models can be junked like the N262 and Nomads in favor of more popular aircraft.

elitemedia

• Former member
« Reply #12 on: April 19, 2009, 09:37:21 PM »
@elitemedia: You always have the option to order your aircraft new from the manufacturer, which can take under 5 minutes to do. Then sign-off and do whatever you want to do until it's delivered. No scavenging for aircrafts required  ;)

Do  you know any new airline with 1 million at start which can affoard to go on new market ??? and wait 6 months minimum for delivery ???

Offline swiftus27

• Members
« Reply #13 on: April 19, 2009, 10:20:38 PM »
I am having a problem with used planes in the Jet Age Game

There are planes that are virtually new on the market with 60 hours of flight time and 0 landings?  How is this possible?
« Last Edit: April 19, 2009, 10:23:03 PM by swiftus27 »

masoniclight

• Former member
« Reply #14 on: April 19, 2009, 10:28:19 PM »
I like the new system Sami.. makes it more realistic and more challenging AND best of all: keeps every airline from having Airbus or MDs or Boeings (thank goodness)

Offline Sami

• Administrator
  • Members
    • AirwaySim - Are you the next Richard Branson?
« Reply #15 on: April 20, 2009, 07:52:51 AM »
There are planes that are virtually new on the market with 60 hours of flight time and 0 landings?  How is this possible?

Ya mean that they got flight hours but zero landings..?  Ahem .. okay.

Offline Flightman

• Members
« Reply #16 on: April 20, 2009, 12:13:12 PM »
New system is in my opinion just perfect! Making some dificulty in to this game! There is no point if everyone have allmost bran new Airbusses (they seem to be most wanted)... This new system means compromises and tactics. Maby one good idea is order thoes airbusses new, and use used (not wanted aircraft) that time when thoes airbusses are dilivered to u, then replace them!...

There are lot of aportunities!
Vallin Airlines brings your destination closer

Offline swiftus27

• Members
« Reply #17 on: April 20, 2009, 02:36:14 PM »
Ya mean that they got flight hours but zero landings..?  Ahem .. okay.

Are you trying to say that I am crazy?  Look at the 747s that just appeared recently.

Offline Big Ern

• Members
« Reply #18 on: April 20, 2009, 02:56:10 PM »
It's already flying towards you, just pick it and it'll land. ;)

Offline Dan380

• Members
« Reply #19 on: April 20, 2009, 03:20:46 PM »
Are you trying to say that I am crazy?  Look at the 747s that just appeared recently.

I think he was admitting it looked like a bug, not saying you were crazy!

It's already flying towards you, just pick it and it'll land. ;)

But Hurry! He's running out of fuel!  :o

WARNING! This website is not compatible with the old version of Internet Explorer you are using.

If you are using the latest version please turn OFF the compatibility mode.