Outstation A check

Started by CX717, September 08, 2007, 01:45:01 PM

CX717

As title
;D

Sami

Negative... As it's considered as a single flight with a long turnaround to the system. However it would be useful to enable this.

The maintenance system might also change in general level later if we introduce the maintenance base concept.

cbnoble

It would be nice if I could overnight my aircraft at an outstation rather than bringing them back to my home base each night.  I know that I can simulate this by using the turnaround time, but it would be nice to be able to do the A-checks there instead of having to make it a 6 day route or having to give up a flight during daylight hours. 

I know that many real world airlines do this to maintain a continuity of traffic at the hubs throughout the day.  Might be nice to be able to do the same  ;)

FatMikel

Good idea. It could tie in with the ground handling thing, and you could have companies like Lufthansa Technik providing maintanence at various airports and what not.

cpawley

This sounds like a good idea; the way most companies who base aircraft in the UK, but are not based here themselves (e.g. VLM)  get around this, is to employ a very small team of engineers at their night stopping outstations, and rotate the aircraft that night stop to ensure other maintenance can be conducted.

Other companies (AF/LH etc etc) simply complete their maintenance back at base, the profit of a nightstop must offset the associated costs with it.

Chris.

swiftus27

so we are all linked to a 3 year old post?  Doesn't this say something?

Jps

Quess he was linking to his own post.
But given it's 3 years old, and suggests there should be modifications, it can't make but wonder when these modifications will come...

CX717

lol 3 years ago!!  ;D
and still no outport a check,which real airlines do this almost everyday

Sami

Features are not added by the age of the requests but by importance and other factors...

alexgv1

Hi sorry to raise an old post from the dead but are there any further opinions on this from the players? Or any progress from the development? Obviously cargo is the priority at the moment but this could be useful for the both cargo and pax airlines in the future.

What are people doing to circumvent this at the moment? Doing a route 6x weekly or using 7 day scheduling?

Thanks for your thoughts.
CEO of South Where Airlines (SWA|WH)

Flash

Quote from: alexgv1 on October 28, 2015, 12:02:26 PM
Hi sorry to raise an old post from the dead but are there any further opinions on this from the players? Or any progress from the development? Obviously cargo is the priority at the moment but this could be useful for the both cargo and pax airlines in the future.

What are people doing to circumvent this at the moment? Doing a route 6x weekly or using 7 day scheduling?

Thanks for your thoughts.

I would find this feature very useful. I myself have several flights who have an overnight stop because they e.g. arrive at 2330 at an airport and depart again at 0630 the next morning. Being able to "buy" an A-check at that airport would be great ;)Maybe an option next to the turnaround field that says "turnaround takes longer than six hours: Shall an A-Check be performed once a week during that time?" Tick: "yes"