Progress Report

Started by Williamsfilms, April 18, 2009, 09:02:14 PM

Williamsfilms

Ok since Im kind of knew here, I dont know really what to expect from my first few game days. I was hoping you could let me know how I am doing since I am having hard time trying to figure out all these numbers. Now I know i read some where that not making profits in for the first while is expected, but here are my numbers:

Sold tickets (economy): 160 632 USD
Fuel:  -6 471 USD
Staff training: -2 626 USD
Marketing:      -8 336 USD
Passenger fees:      -30 211 USD
Navigation fees:      -82 971 USD
Landing fees:      -5 187 USD
Ground handling:      -20 007 USD
Aircraft maintenance:     -28 583 USD
Info      Aircraft insurance:      -2 635 USD
Info      Aircraft leases:     -1 571 800 USD

Result:      -1 598 195 USD

Now from my end this looks really bad, but then again theres only been like 5 game days. I have a current fleet of 1 ATR-42 (leased) with a average load factor of 80.2 %, and it has 9 routes. I also have a pending order for a Bae ATP. So how am I doing soo far, Im kinda nervous cause the next bill is gonna hit me hard. I havnt screwed up to much have I? haha thanks for your help.

Sami

Wait for the first full week to go by (= next week is the first full week), and then pick up the incomesheet's weekly view to get the data and better idea on what's going on. Of course you can disregard the lease cost as you prepaid 4 months in one lump.

But while waiting for that you can tune the routes & prices. If loadfactors are bad try lowering the prices a bit, or if LF is over 90%, raise prices bit by bit to see if people are willing to pay more. Some 80% LF is still very well acceptable and if you get let's say 20% higher fares than with 90% LF, then you're winning.. = optimization / tuning.  And start with simple routes. Do not try to cover too many destinations with a single plane, make good frequencies to a couple of destinations instead. 7x week minimum if talking about domestics or short intl flights.

Also a tip - do not order aircraft that are not the same type, unless you are prepared for the extra costs. Each aircraft type your airline has (especially when it grows) will add up to the admin + training costs heavily. = make fleet decisions .. one plane type for regionals, one for shorthauls, one for longhauls and so on.

NorgeFly

Hey, I wouldn't worry too much just yet those numbers dont look too bad really. The last figure (aircraft leases) is the cost of acquiring your aircraft (the first 4 months lease costs up front) so when you take that away you're off to a decent start.

One thing... dont get too many different type of aircraft or you costs will increase. Try and stay with ATR as much as possible (ATR42/72) or BAe for the matter.

NorgeFly

Oh Sami beat me to it haha

Williamsfilms

Thank you all! I really had no choice with the aircraft really, unless I wanted to lease new. There were no more ATR-42s Used lefft. So it would have been more to lease new. Thanks again for the help!  ;D

Williamsfilms

My company image is 6. Is that bad?

toyotaboy95

Quote from: Williamsfilms on April 18, 2009, 11:07:59 PM
My company image is 6. Is that bad?
not at all. my is currently at 7.XX. you proborably need a bit more marketing

Williamsfilms

Any way of looking at my competitors ticket prices?

Kontio