Edit account
» Achievements
» Logout
Game Credits
Credit balance: 0 Cr
Buy credits
» Credit history
» Credits FAQ

Author Topic: Load Factor & profit correlation question  (Read 1035 times)

• Former member
Load Factor & profit correlation question
« on: April 18, 2009, 06:53:58 PM »
tjscott0 northeastern airline here. I have 4 flights between PHL & JFK. The morning flight has an average load factor of 2.7% with a (-)456 profit. An Afternoon flight has a load factor of 7.8% with a profit 0f (-)726. I am curious on why the profit loss is less on the smaller passenger load than that of the flight with a higher passenger load. Surely the lesser amount of fuel used is not that significant. Is it?

Offline Sami

• Administrator
  • Members
    • AirwaySim - Are you the next Richard Branson?
Re: Load Factor & profit correlation question
« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2009, 06:57:08 PM »
Your load factors seem to be awfully low ...

- how many frequencies per week you operate on this route? make it 7x week MINIMUM
- are the flights flown during daytime?

if both are fine, then:
- prices are probably way too high.

Actually.. Please look at the passenger demand. You are offering 10x more seats what the suspected demand for that sector is! So better switch to another route ...

Also to answer the question. The actual fuel used on each individual sector varies a bit as there may be different flight or taxi routings or different runways in use, and so on.
« Last Edit: April 18, 2009, 07:00:55 PM by sami »

• Former member
Re: Load Factor & profit correlation question
« Reply #2 on: April 18, 2009, 07:07:58 PM »
Thanks Sami! I will drop 3 flights to JFK & pick up some other airports to improve the profit picture.

WARNING! This website is not compatible with the old version of Internet Explorer you are using.

If you are using the latest version please turn OFF the compatibility mode.