Edit account
» Achievements
» Logout
Game Credits
Credit balance: 0 Cr
Buy credits
» Credit history
» Credits FAQ

Author Topic: LAUNCHING SOON - The Concordis Alliance  (Read 6709 times)

Offline T8KE0FF

• Members
The Name..
« Reply #60 on: April 22, 2009, 06:57:02 PM »
Hey there,
I think Concordis would be awsome!!

Thanks

T8KE0FF

Offline NorgeFly

• Members
Re: Proposed Future Alliance - VOTE FOR A NAME
« Reply #61 on: April 22, 2009, 07:00:10 PM »
I am pleased to announce that Highways1, CEO of Yankee Airways based at JFK has accepted a seat on the Alliance Council.

We now have our full Alliance Council.

NorgeFly, CEO of Japan National Airlines (HND)
Atomic920, CEO of Jetlantic (LHR)
Highways1, CEO of Yankee (JFK)

atomic920

• Former member
Re: Proposed Future Alliance - VOTE FOR A NAME
« Reply #62 on: April 22, 2009, 07:13:43 PM »
I like Concordis is sounds really cool!

Offline NorgeFly

• Members
Re: NAME CHOSEN: The Concordis Alliance
« Reply #63 on: April 23, 2009, 04:33:37 PM »
I am now in a better position to estimate the launch date of the Concordis Alliance.

The planned launch date for the is the first week in March 1996. By this time, I will have my tenth aircraft (8th Airbus is delivered on 1st March) and Atomic920 and Highways1 also plan on having ten aircraft by then.

We are all looking forward to the launch and will be in touch with prospective members via the forum and private message to begin organising and planning the alliance in the meantime.

Budjet

• Former member
« Reply #64 on: April 23, 2009, 06:45:40 PM »
Great, have you got any idea of what percentage of tickets you are going to charge 0.5%?

Offline NorgeFly

• Members
« Reply #65 on: April 23, 2009, 06:53:17 PM »
Great, have you got any idea of what percentage of tickets you are going to charge 0.5%?

That's not been discussed just yet, but it is on the "to do" list. I would think it will start off a little higher (maybe 0.8%)  just to kick start the alliance image as the money goes on marketing etc I believe, then it will probably be lowered a little. Watch this space  :)

Budjet

• Former member
« Reply #66 on: April 24, 2009, 03:48:29 PM »
DO you have to own 10 aircraft or do leases count?

Offline NorgeFly

• Members
« Reply #67 on: April 24, 2009, 06:30:40 PM »
DO you have to own 10 aircraft or do leases count?

Leasing is fine... as long as you have ten in the fleet.

Budjet

• Former member
« Reply #68 on: April 24, 2009, 09:50:58 PM »
Have you got 10 aircraft yet, because if I do, then surely some of you guys do?

Offline NorgeFly

• Members
« Reply #69 on: April 24, 2009, 09:57:51 PM »
Have you got 10 aircraft yet, because if I do, then surely some of you guys do?

Not yet... in fact I only have two but have 9 A320/321 on order and deliveries starting in next couple of game days. Will be Feb when my tenth aircraft arrives, unless I manage to get a decent used a/c or two in the mean time to accelerate things.

Offline NorgeFly

• Members
Re: LAUNCHING SOON - The Concordis Alliance
« Reply #70 on: April 24, 2009, 11:03:45 PM »
Change of plan.... Concordis will be launching within the next two to three game weeks! Invitations will be sent to all those listed on the first post of this thread!

Offline highways1

• Members
« Reply #71 on: April 24, 2009, 11:41:41 PM »
I have 15 aircraft, soon to be 16 so I am ready to go.

Offline NorgeFly

• Members
« Reply #72 on: April 24, 2009, 11:51:07 PM »
I have 15 aircraft, soon to be 16 so I am ready to go.

My tenth arrives on the Sep 17th... so 5 hrs real time. I will start the alliance when I wake up in the morning  :)

NicholasB

• Former member
« Reply #73 on: April 25, 2009, 02:23:40 AM »
I will have only 7 aircraft by December. So what happens to those on the list, when they cant meet your deadline? bringing the launch date forward puts pressure on alot of people to go out on a limb financialy. Furthermore, with aircraft production times growing, airlines are waiting about a year or so for new planes. In the mean time airlines are already going bankrupt and im sure some in the alliance will too. In my case im not prepared to make rush business choices that are going to backfire in the future

Its it always a good idea to be aggresive with growth, but more important to be realistic with expectations if you want a viable alliance.

What measures or ideas do you have in regard to this or will we be forced to decline membership? You should of consulted all memebrs of the alliance before you made a unilateral deciscion to move forward the launch by several months.

NicholasB

CEO

Oriental Pacific Airways

Offline NorgeFly

• Members
« Reply #74 on: April 25, 2009, 06:42:28 AM »
I will have only 7 aircraft by December. So what happens to those on the list, when they cant meet your deadline? bringing the launch date forward puts pressure on alot of people to go out on a limb financialy. Furthermore, with aircraft production times growing, airlines are waiting about a year or so for new planes. In the mean time airlines are already going bankrupt and im sure some in the alliance will too. In my case im not prepared to make rush business choices that are going to backfire in the future

Its it always a good idea to be aggresive with growth, but more important to be realistic with expectations if you want a viable alliance.

What measures or ideas do you have in regard to this or will we be forced to decline membership? You should of consulted all memebrs of the alliance before you made a unilateral deciscion to move forward the launch by several months.

NicholasB

CEO

Oriental Pacific Airways

NicholasB

As far as I am aware, it is only necessary for the three founding airlines to have six aircraft in our fleet. I don't think that it is a requirement for all new joining members. We (the three founding members) decided to launch early as waiting until Feb/Mar 1996 would have given two other alliances already established a significant advantage.

If it is the case that new members need ten aircraft to join (I don't think that is the case - it is not entirely clear) a space will of course be kept for those who do not yet meet the requirements.

However, I must stress, this was not a "unilateral" decision... the prospective members nominated the founding members and we decided it was best for the alliance and its members to establish early as possible. The move will itself cost me several million dollars, so it was not a move taken lightly.

sambessey

• Former member
« Reply #75 on: April 25, 2009, 09:26:36 AM »
Can we have an alliance logo anytime soon?

Budjet

• Former member
« Reply #76 on: April 25, 2009, 11:24:36 AM »
...and icon?

WARNING! This website is not compatible with the old version of Internet Explorer you are using.

If you are using the latest version please turn OFF the compatibility mode.