Edit account
» Achievements
» Logout
Game Credits
Credit balance: 0 Cr
Buy credits
» Credit history
» Credits FAQ

Author Topic: Competition on routes  (Read 2488 times)

bukatino2000

• Former member
Re: Competition on routes
« Reply #20 on: April 20, 2009, 08:31:13 PM »
Let`s see what happen in RL:
although not very detailed and precise normally competitors have the possibility to know prices on a specific route.
Why they do not undercut prices? Simply because there is no garantee than that price will lead to more demand. Also other factors do the nice job and we have already modelled them into the game as we have marketing on-board, route image, company image etc this last depending on various other things like maintenance, labour level & morale etc...etc. Those all influencing our demand. It should be clear in the game as it is in the RL that price wars do not have any chance of success and do not present any danger for a solid, well-established a/c.

Well... the Brunmuffin´s idea is not bad but if I center the range in the competitors fare of this schema I will be immediately able to catch the target price, no matter how big is this range.

If we model a system in which setting new planes will be done more difficult (after only 4 month game time actually in "the jet age" first three a/c fly all together 103 planes!!!!  :o) and thus new routes more accurate than I think it would be not such a big room for price wars. I mean you may even do that but you will be the loser too.

blair21088

• Former member
« Reply #21 on: April 21, 2009, 08:22:29 PM »
The game play issue of a price war is not when two equal airlines duke it out, but when a much larger airline starts going after your routes and undercuts prices in order to drive the weaker airline out.

Offline JJP

• Members
« Reply #22 on: April 22, 2009, 06:04:08 PM »
How about this?

(1) Display the amount of each class of seating for the route within the total capacity bar (the green one).
(Users should still be able to mouse-over each part of the green bar to view exact numbers of total C/F class seats on the route)

Nicely done, Branmuffin.

Meraki

• Former member
« Reply #23 on: April 23, 2009, 03:25:06 AM »
I'll chime in as well I'd like to see Y/C/F but no pricing.

Offline orlyonok

• Members
« Reply #24 on: December 14, 2015, 08:59:02 PM »
I've also felt the same need of knowing details about the competition, without reading this thread.
What i felt I needed, more exactly, was to have details about the airplane that the competitor is using. This is because I wanted to try to beat the competition by using more comfortable seats.
I know that I will generally get more traffic share if i will lower the prices, and knowing the right price could be just a matter of trial and error (if the opponent stays passive..)
But what if the seat comfort is another variable to consider? I guess it will just shift the right price to use, but knowing a little bit more of the competitor's routes like seat configurations has sense, for me.
In fact, those are all info that in the real world could be retrieved, while in this game are all inaccessible

Thanks

Online Apalvaldr

• Members
« Reply #25 on: December 14, 2015, 10:03:24 PM »
Also knowing the competitors' prices would be a great feature. It isn't so hard to just browse their websites or call a travel agency. I mean in such big companies as airlines there should be at least one person who is able to check the prices. Even I can do it right now, more or less accurate (what should be implemented to, similar to demend's estimation accuracy).

WARNING! This website is not compatible with the old version of Internet Explorer you are using.

If you are using the latest version please turn OFF the compatibility mode.