Variable turnaround time

Started by CX717, August 25, 2008, 01:33:32 PM

CX717

now the turnaround time was fixed.
But short route shouldn't require that much turnaround time.(747=120mins+80 mins cushion time=200mins!)
turnaround time should variable like rwy require length.
you can have a faster turning time when you operate a short route.(you have less thing to clean up,less catering time,less refuel time).
We turn a regional route 747-400 in an hour in Hong Kong.  ;)

Seattle

Same goes for the 767-200.... 80 min + 40 min cushion = 120 minutes!! on LHR-FRA, MAN, and AMS...
Founder of the Star Alliance!

Northwesterly

I would agree with the min...

A300 - 70 mins? almost as long as my flight sector....

rgds,
North

MM21

Quote from: Northwesterly on August 27, 2008, 03:27:59 PM

rgds,
North
I think it should be 50-55 mins according to turn around time chart
for the case of AB6

mykalberta

Quote from: Northwesterly on August 27, 2008, 03:27:59 PM

rgds,
North

I dont think that is an unreasonable turn time. Given the pax count can be 250+ along with cargo.

I think it should be 60 minutes, but 70 doesnt seem too crazy IMO.

AeroJet

I would agree some of the turnaround times are to high. For example, it is very possible to turnaround a 737-800 in 30-35 mins, it would therefore be easily done to turnaround a 737-600 in the same time but the minimum turnaround is now 40 mins. If a 737-600 is being turned around in 40 mins, 25% chance of delay is quite high in my opinion as this would be ample time for an efficient airline to perform the turnaround procedures.

Sami

Each 737NG must have the same turnaround time as they are in the same fleet group as the schedules / routes are inter-changeable or whatever the word is. Same goes for other planes, like A320 series.

peterjans

Hi,

I would suggest to reduce the minimum ground time for a B757-200 from 110 minutes to
50 minutes. We see this aircraft type being used on different type of flights. On any
intercontinental flight I would agree with a MGT of 110 minutes, but for domestic
and flights within the continent many airlines will apply a MGT of approx. 50 mins.

I can not imagine BA, AY, IB used to have a 110 min MGT on their European flights.
Hope you'll be able to to update this even though the new games have already started.

Kind regards,

Peter Jansen

samomuransky

toyotaboy95

CX717

I suggest a flexible turnaround time at couple of months ago..  :-\

swiftus27

Was the 757 certified for ETOPS?  

EDIT:  Some engines has 120 and others 180.  Never saw many fly across the Atlantic, did we?

CX717

Delta and Northwest fly 757 between US and Europe.

edobarto

Hi!
What about give better turn around times to the a/cs? I've checked the turn around times of various a/cs in service with different companies and I observed that some "big" a/cs like the A330 (both 200 and 300) here have quite long turn around. I was in Muscat in august and I saw an Emirates A332 being turned around in 55-60 minutes instead of the 70 mins specified in this game. I even know that an Etihad flight to Doha, Qatar has a turn around time of 50 mins for an A330. Is it possible to do something about these odd turn around times? Maybe lower them by 15-20 mins should be ok...

swiftus27

No.  Please dont.   I like it as is.  Honestly, I rarely see a large plane that pulls up to the gate, de-boards everyone, clean the plane, re-stock the plane, re-boards everyone, and push back in 20-30 minutes. 

Sigma

I believe in AWS that the turnaround time is also inclusive of taxi time.  On some airports this is minimal (<5m) but on many airports it can be much, much more on average.  And the system has to average it all out.

bleedfax18

Quote from: Sigma on September 15, 2009, 03:34:18 PM
I believe in AWS that the turnaround time is also inclusive of taxi time.  On some airports this is minimal (<5m) but on many airports it can be much, much more on average.  And the system has to average it all out.

This would explain a lot, and it would make so much more sense.
CEO of INterFly

swiftus27

Have you seen how far out runway 18R/36L is at Schiphol?    I play FSX on occasion and taxiing out there takes forever. 

Thomash

yeah thats true, it takes forever to get to the "Polderbaan"
i think about 15-20 minutes without even considering the "traffic jams"

type45

How about Kai Tak? ;) Spot 1 is just located next to the take off zone of runway 13/ end of runway 31 :laugh: Although taxi to runway 31/ from runway 13 will be so long that just like a harbor visiting tour for pax ;D

If taxi time is put into this sector, so the traffic delay will be the gate hold or staying in a holding pattern? ;)