Edit account
» Achievements
» Logout
Game Credits
Credit balance: 0 Cr
Buy credits
» Credit history
» Credits FAQ

Author Topic: Advisors?  (Read 1969 times)

Offline MRFREAK

• Members
Advisors?
« on: July 11, 2008, 09:52:02 AM »
Would it be able to hire some certain Advisors such as Financial Advisors, Staff Advisors and other different kinds of advisors??

Offline MRFREAK

• Members
Re: Advisors?
« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2008, 08:30:47 PM »
*BUMP*

I still haven't got a answer on this one.  ;D

Offline Sami

• Administrator
  • Members
    • AirwaySim - Are you the next Richard Branson?
« Reply #2 on: July 27, 2008, 06:35:48 PM »
Bumppibump ...

We discussed this over at IRC some days ago and at least some route advisor or some kind of passenger feedback on routes would be useful to let the players know more easily that how they can improve their routes. For example to tell that "you are not getting any passengers as your flight is too expensive" and so on.

Otherwise also a general "in-game tips for new players" system (that you can turn off when you are confident enough) is also an idea at the back of my head.

Offline MRFREAK

• Members
« Reply #3 on: July 28, 2008, 09:29:17 AM »
Ok. Sounds nice.

And you do a great work Sami  ;D

jpsigona

• Former member
Input from Route Planning Staff
« Reply #4 on: December 11, 2009, 06:58:56 AM »
What about your route strategies department staff giving suggestions (e.g., listing routes from your hub with projected traffic rankings). After all we're paying them good money and there's a good amount of them. Could this be somewhere on route planning or something? just a thought

Riger

• Former member
Re: Input from Route Planning Staff
« Reply #5 on: December 11, 2009, 07:37:48 AM »
I like it !!! 

Even provide warning that you have (significantly) increased competition on certain routes..

Offline Sami

• Administrator
  • Members
Re: Input from Route Planning Staff
« Reply #6 on: December 11, 2009, 08:11:53 PM »
try search with a word "advisor", might come up something?  (edit: combined the topics..)

Anyways, I am planning a imminent feature for games, a "live" tutorial system. It will help new players to start up, basically the same as the startup guide but in live / game pages. It's basically a fixed box at the bottom of the page that is always visible, but minimizable and closable, and it will display on certain key pages like dashboard and aircraft pages and will guide thru the first steps of making an airline, can be also activated later on..

The same theme can be later expanded into incorporating advisor comments into the game view but that will not happen any time soon, a change in staff systems in general will happen before this.

Here's a screenshot of the tutorial interface (nice with all sorts of animations and gizmos .. content comes next week). Intention is to help new players to get the clue of the sim easier, as I see many newcomers make some common mistakes and have some misunderstandings which results in not reading the manual probably.
« Last Edit: December 11, 2009, 08:13:59 PM by sami »

Offline Sami

• Administrator
  • Members
« Reply #7 on: January 07, 2011, 04:53:47 PM »
Reviving old thread..

1) similar rq at http://www.airwaysim.com/forum/index.php/topic,7255.0.html  &  http://www.airwaysim.com/forum/index.php/topic,119.0.html

2) FYI, the tutorial feature has not progressed since there will be changes to the airline creation process and will see to tutorial after that

3) There is an ongoing graphics design project that aims to create "faces to people you employ".. It may be linked to this advisor feature too, but anyway, once the graphics are complete there will be some large changes to staff systems. Not v.1.3 yet since the graphics work takes time. See preview
« Last Edit: February 13, 2011, 01:20:15 PM by sami »

Offline Sami

• Administrator
  • Members
« Reply #8 on: February 13, 2011, 01:19:31 PM »
Couple of previews on what our graphics guy has done... (the face generation is dynamic so there will be millions of combinations)

Offline swiftus27

• Members
« Reply #9 on: February 13, 2011, 01:23:56 PM »
OMG SARAH PALIN!!!! RUN!!!! 

Offline Sami

• Administrator
  • Members
« Reply #10 on: February 13, 2011, 01:28:57 PM »
Yea I saw that too .. Funny thing is that the "45yo white female" character is loosely based on facial features of Nicole Kidman ;D (true..)   ..but of course that lady has different hair, eyes, lips etc making it look different..

Offline Maarten Otto

• Members
    • My photo site
« Reply #11 on: February 13, 2011, 06:01:22 PM »
OMG SARAH PALIN!!!! RUN!!!!  
Wahahahaaaaaa... yeah, the day that B*tch shows up in the white house as president is the day I support Berlusconi.

Oh wait.... She doesn't even know where N-Korea is?
“His endorsement means a lot to me, as I’ve always admired China, apart from when they bombed Pearl Harbour.” (WTF... that was Japan if I recall correctly)

Damn she is really good... better then Geoff Dunham with his muppets.
« Last Edit: February 13, 2011, 06:08:08 PM by Maarten Otto »

Online JumboShrimp

• Members
« Reply #12 on: February 14, 2011, 01:28:48 AM »
Wahahahaaaaaa... yeah, the day that B*tch shows up in the white house as president is the day I support Berlusconi.

You seem to be showing the early symptoms of SPDS - Sarah Palin Derangement Syndrome.

Good news: it is not fatal.
Bad news: there is no cure.

Offline BobTheCactus

• Members
    • AeroBlogger.com
« Reply #13 on: February 14, 2011, 02:02:51 AM »

Berlusconi is one of the few people who I would actually like to vote for less than Palin. It's because of Palin has a "better tan." And she's from Alaska.
« Last Edit: February 14, 2011, 03:36:25 AM by BobTheCactus »
Editor of AeroBlogger
If you're interested in blogging on aviation 3x/month or more:
http://AeroBlogger.com/Write

Offline Maarten Otto

• Members
    • My photo site
« Reply #14 on: February 14, 2011, 07:09:01 AM »
Don't get me wrong... but Berlusconi is the only dictator in Europe... and the weirdest part of all... Italy is within the EU.
Statistically Italy is a democratic republic... but so is China.

Online JumboShrimp

• Members
« Reply #15 on: February 15, 2011, 12:12:03 AM »
Don't get me wrong... but Berlusconi is the only dictator in Europe... and the weirdest part of all... Italy is within the EU.
Statistically Italy is a democratic republic... but so is China.

People in Russia will probably differ with you on this.  Despite being subjects to indoctrination - for generations - they also may have a better idea of what dictatorship is.

Artem999

• Former member
« Reply #16 on: February 23, 2011, 11:34:15 AM »
Reviving old thread..

1) similar rq at http://www.airwaysim.com/forum/index.php/topic,7255.0.html  &  http://www.airwaysim.com/forum/index.php/topic,119.0.html

2) FYI, the tutorial feature has not progressed since there will be changes to the airline creation process and will see to tutorial after that

3) There is an ongoing graphics design project that aims to create "faces to people you employ".. It may be linked to this advisor feature too, but anyway, once the graphics are complete there will be some large changes to staff systems. Not v.1.3 yet since the graphics work takes time. See preview

Well, about point 3. You will have to make names and surnames to employers. And date of birth and other data :) And full life biography, family, etc... :D

Offline Sami

• Administrator
  • Members
« Reply #17 on: February 23, 2011, 12:26:14 PM »
Names & ages will be shown; not a problem, there are many 'fake name generators' in teh internets.

(though have to decide still how I will deal with nationalities, perhaps I will just leave them hidden since otherwise I'd have to order dozens of face types more besides of the white/black/asian selection .. I first thought that each country could have its own worker pool with local names and faces but there's too much data for that, so I will probably make a global worker pool with no nationalities shown and names are random (but with some logic, so that a person with Finnish name would be white ..etc) )
« Last Edit: February 23, 2011, 12:28:28 PM by sami »

Artem999

• Former member
« Reply #18 on: February 24, 2011, 07:31:09 PM »
Names & ages will be shown; not a problem, there are many 'fake name generators' in teh internets.

(though have to decide still how I will deal with nationalities, perhaps I will just leave them hidden since otherwise I'd have to order dozens of face types more besides of the white/black/asian selection .. I first thought that each country could have its own worker pool with local names and faces but there's too much data for that, so I will probably make a global worker pool with no nationalities shown and names are random (but with some logic, so that a person with Finnish name would be white ..etc) )

Great idea! I think that it'd be better to make an opportunity of choosing faces to workers, but there should be the random generation which would be given from the beginning

Offline Wing Commander Chad Studdington

• Members
« Reply #19 on: February 24, 2011, 11:48:12 PM »
There needs to be a sami face. AWS first easter egg!  :)

WARNING! This website is not compatible with the old version of Internet Explorer you are using.

If you are using the latest version please turn OFF the compatibility mode.