Edit account
» Achievements
» Logout
Game Credits
Credit balance: 0 Cr
Buy credits
» Credit history
» Credits FAQ

Author Topic: Oversupply warning for a single daily flight  (Read 127 times)

Online Tim

• Members
Oversupply warning for a single daily flight
« on: October 16, 2016, 10:46:52 AM »
It's really annoying. With 7-day schedules it takes hours to block seats on all my flights. And later, when demand grows, I have to spend even more hours to adjust it.

This warning, for sure, should be removed if I operate only single daily flight.

Offline [ATA] Hassel

• Members
Re: Oversupply warning for a single daily flight
« Reply #1 on: October 16, 2016, 12:08:43 PM »
regardless of making 7 days or not you get this warning by supplying 200% or more to your destination, i would suggest flying somewhere else or using a different plane -

The oversupply warning have been put there for a reason

This warning, for sure, should be removed if I operate only single daily flight.

if you are only flying a single day during the week then you have not made a correct 7 day schedule

Online drhyed

• Members
« Reply #2 on: October 16, 2016, 01:22:00 PM »
It is a large pain when you have a 110 seat aircraft and when you check demand on a route and its ~70 pax so you schedule a route and then get an over supply warning 3 hours later because demand has changed to ~53 so then you have to edit each route individually. I understand demand is a variable number but it is a huge time suck to edit each route individually, being able to edit all flights from origin to destination would save a lot of time... especially when you getting a route oversupply warning, changing each route individually and then a few days later that same route has 100% load factor so you end up changing them AGAIN.   

if you are only flying a single day during the week then you have not made a correct 7 day schedule

And I think what he means is if you fly only 1 flight a day (but each day of the week) from x to z there should be some sort of exemption from the oversupply warning. For instance if you fly a 737 and want to get max utilization you try to fill out your schedule with shorter/lower demand routes. Your 126 seat 737 will get an over supply warning on a route with ~60 pax demand especially since demand seems to fluctuate around 20%. In the above situation, especially if your the only one servicing the route, I dont see why it matters if you want to fly the route with a 100 seat aircraft or a 400 seat aircraft, your the one paying the bills.     

Offline ZombieSlayer

• Members
« Reply #3 on: October 16, 2016, 03:02:13 PM »
For -years- there was no oversupply for a single daily rotation, we are talking 2010 until 2015, there was no penalty. The it got "fixed"....
Co-Founder Elite Worldwide Alliance
CEO PacAir
Designated "Tier 1 Opponent"

Offline JumboShrimp

• Members
« Reply #4 on: October 16, 2016, 08:20:01 PM »
Hi Tim,

I posted a request for exactly the same thing some time ago:

http://www.airwaysim.com/forum/index.php/topic,65518.msg377759.html#msg377759

There is not a good reason game-wise to have the warning.  It is just an annoyance, and creates a lot of work when some obsolete aircraft is replaced with slightly bigger recent aircraft.  For example 727-100 => 727-200 Adv.

WARNING! This website is not compatible with the old version of Internet Explorer you are using.

If you are using the latest version please turn OFF the compatibility mode.