Edit account
» Achievements
» Logout
Game Credits
Credit balance: 0 Cr
Buy credits
» Credit history
» Credits FAQ

Author Topic: Aircraft Order Edit tiggered  (Read 52 times)

Offline schro

• Members
Aircraft Order Edit tiggered
« on: October 14, 2016, 01:29:24 PM »
So, over in GW4, I was editing the remainder of my DC-10-30 orders that were within the change window to be converted from leases to purchases. I selected all of them, hit change order, and then I tabbed through to make the edits (typically 5 tabs, up arrow, tab, up arrow, repeat) to change it to 20% down. When I pressed "Get Quote", an unhelpful error message was spat out: Error: All data was not selected correctly. (#0) Please try again.

In the past, when making an error like this, the incorrect input would be identified for correction and all would be well in the world, however, in this case it was not. Additionally, if I change one parameter from any plane, it'd allow me to get a new quote (which would result in the same error), but if i toggled that value back to the original, the error message would return. The only thing that I can think of as a potential problem is if during the tabbing process I went too quickly and changed a value on the disappearing lease length field to something that's not programatically expected....

So, in short, I'm going to have to redo it all and that's not 10 minutes of my life I'd like to have placed into Groundhog day...

Ninja edit - yes, I have checked all fields for every plane for valid data.

Offline schro

• Members
Re: Aircraft Order Edit tiggered
« Reply #1 on: October 14, 2016, 01:34:10 PM »
Oh, well, this might do it. The final 10 planes selected i had forgotten had already been purchased... going through it again, but that's probably it - an unhelpful error message.

Online Wagster

• Members
Re: Aircraft Order Edit tiggered
« Reply #2 on: October 14, 2016, 09:16:21 PM »
schro, your keyboard antics revealed to me that this game would benefit from a command prompt for inputting large scale commands:

Hal 9000:\> Convert Lease to Purchase DC-10-30 All Down payment 20% ENTER

Hal 9000:\> Confirm?
Yes ENTER

You type a few words, the job is done. It takes about 3 seconds of your time.

Hal 9000:\> Miss me yet?

WARNING! This website is not compatible with the old version of Internet Explorer you are using.

If you are using the latest version please turn OFF the compatibility mode.