Edit account
» Achievements
» Logout
Game Credits
Credit balance: 0 Cr
Buy credits
» Credit history
» Credits FAQ

Author Topic: Lease price after auto-renewal  (Read 132 times)

Offline JumboShrimp

• Members
Lease price after auto-renewal
« on: October 13, 2016, 10:49:06 PM »
In the past, when aircraft was leased at discount, or at premium compared to default price, the auto-renewal price kept the premium / discount, and perhaps adjusted it by a percentage or two toward the default price during auto-renewal..

Somehow, this behavior has changed.  Now, when aircraft is leased at a very low price, it renews at the default / recommended price.  This new behavior can cause lease price to double without the player noticing what happened.

I think the old functionality was better., I don't know why it changed.

Offline Sami

• Administrator
  • Members
    • AirwaySim - Are you the next Richard Branson?
Re: Lease price after auto-renewal
« Reply #1 on: October 16, 2016, 09:29:08 AM »

Offline JumboShrimp

• Members
« Reply #2 on: October 16, 2016, 08:32:02 PM »
The question is the price after the extension.  At one point you mentioned that the recommended price would be just that - recommended, for information.

So if a player leases an aircraft at 50% below this price, the lease price, and the extensions of the leases should be based on the 50% discount over the default price.

What the current situation: on renewal, the lease price jumps 100% on renewal.  From 50% discount to full price.

What this creates is a bait and switch.  Players list aircraft at deep discount, knowing that automatic renewal will increase the prices by 100% in some cases.

Offline gazzz0x2z

• Members
« Reply #3 on: October 17, 2016, 06:59:04 AM »
(.../...)What this creates is a bait and switch.  Players list aircraft at deep discount, knowing that automatic renewal will increase the prices by 100% in some cases.

Well, this pushes people to rent just for one definite amount of time. I've got loads of 5/6 years old planes that I want to get rid of, and most of them are leased for 2 years. Financially, it's sound from the company making the lease. But it's a pain spending your time replacing leased aicraft by other leased aircraft to go on with the discount provided bu the lessor(me, in that case).

All planes will go back to me for the d-Check, then being leased again for 7.5 years or so, then back..... lot of useless work bor both the lessee & the lessor.

Offline JumboShrimp

• Members

The person who likes this post:
« Reply #4 on: October 17, 2016, 12:33:44 PM »
Mechanics of terminating leases before D check are a separate issue from this.

The issue is that for years and years, the auto-renewal price was based on the current lease price.  Sometimes in the recent past, this was changed, and auto-renewal (and manual renewal as well) is based on default (recommended) price, causing lease prices to jump, sometimes astronomically.

An aircraft that is not popular is often listed on UM at minimum, 50% off.  If an airline leases it for 1 year, at the end of 1 year, the price is going to jump 100% on lease renewal.

I think the old functionality should be restored.  Or, if the current functionality stays, the system should have a big red warning: "On lease expiration, the lease price will increase x%".

Offline gazzz0x2z

• Members

The person who likes this post:
« Reply #5 on: October 17, 2016, 08:43:18 PM »
I agre with you. My customers might get robbed that way. For my old crap. For my recent shining planes, it's the opposite. Now that I'm thinking, my brand new 321neos are very much in demand, a clever player could lease them for 6 months at maximum price, then extend for 15 years at a lower price.....

Offline JumboShrimp

• Members
« Reply #6 on: October 17, 2016, 09:30:44 PM »
Exactly, it works the other way as well, lowering the price of highly sought after aircraft back to the default price on lease renewal.

Offline jamier

• Members
« Reply #7 on: October 22, 2016, 06:04:51 PM »
Can we get an answer on this bug Sami or are you just going to ignore your paying customers?

WARNING! This website is not compatible with the old version of Internet Explorer you are using.

If you are using the latest version please turn OFF the compatibility mode.