Edit account
» Achievements
» Logout
Game Credits
Credit balance: 0 Cr
Buy credits
» Credit history
» Credits FAQ

Author Topic: [-] V C Bird - Can handle very large aircraft  (Read 74 times)

Offline bowringad

• Members
[-] V C Bird - Can handle very large aircraft
« on: October 01, 2016, 05:48:07 PM »
Hi all,

I'm not sure if this is a bug or just a slight error but in the game V C bird airfield in Antigua cannot handle very large aircraft. This is incorrect as in the real world the airfield handles 777's and a330's on a daily occurance, I would like to operate transatlantic routes from the UK to Antigua using a 777, much like used in the real world route. Can this minor detail be changed?

Thanks in advance,
« Last Edit: October 02, 2016, 08:43:23 AM by Sami »

Offline wapp11

• Members
Re: V C Bird - Can handle very large aircraft
« Reply #1 on: October 01, 2016, 08:57:24 PM »
In case you want to fly from ORD to ANU via LHR and LGW,  :laugh: you will in fact use a 777 flying into ANU.  This is present day, as VC Bird may not have been capable to process VL aircraft in 2007, current year of BW1, until the new terminal was completed in 2015?

Offline bowringad

• Members

The person who likes this post:
« Reply #2 on: October 01, 2016, 11:42:14 PM »
Thanks for the reply, V C Bird has handled 777's since the late 90's and before then BA operated 747's there, its always had its reasonably long runway and large apron meaning it can accommodate 1 or 2 777 sized aircraft at once  :)

Offline schro

• Members

The person who likes this post:
« Reply #3 on: October 01, 2016, 11:51:08 PM »
So, based upon game mechanics alone, the types of aircraft that are allowed at airports depends on the relative size of the airport. You'll see on the airport information screen that ANU is in the "Small (2)" size class. This means that only small, medium and large class planes can fly to/from it, therefore excluding the extra large class. As a side note, a (1) size airport will also not support Large class aircraft.

Therefore, the proper way to challenge the ability to fly a 777 to/from here is to argue that it should be classified as at least a Medium (3) class airport, as historically, I have not seen the administration make one-off adjustments to this particular rule.

Offline Sami

• Administrator
  • Members
    • AirwaySim - Are you the next Richard Branson?
« Reply #4 on: October 02, 2016, 08:43:19 AM »
The allowed planes is based on the airport size class, and that is why the largest planes cannot operate there.

(The airport size class model will be updated to a different system)

WARNING! This website is not compatible with the old version of Internet Explorer you are using.

If you are using the latest version please turn OFF the compatibility mode.