Edit account
» Achievements
» Logout
Game Credits
Credit balance: 0 Cr
Buy credits
» Credit history
» Credits FAQ

Author Topic: [ok] New CEO Bonus Stuff Is Tiggered  (Read 171 times)

Offline schro

• Members
[ok] New CEO Bonus Stuff Is Tiggered
« on: September 30, 2016, 03:15:44 PM »
I'm here to make CEO pay great again. In the new GW4, I thought I was off to a good start. I was maximizing my salary and set my bonus to obscene levels as part of my multiyear achievement quest to be the top paid CEO in a game world. As my hopes have been dashed in other worlds with up to a year of effort put into it by a bug or where I selected a base primarily based upon wages compared to the rest of the world, I had high hopes for getting ahead of the ball in GW4 to settle it once and for all. I was leading after the first quarter, but at this point, I have been left in the dust by a significant margin in GW4 and I did not think that it was possible to do so given one of the notes in the changelog when the CEO bonus was implemented:

CEO Salary level is no longer country specific. Each CEO from every country has now the same maximum salary.

So, if the maximum salary for all CEOs is the same, how is it possible for me to be 100k in pay behind this early in the game? I do see a note that taxes are taken out before being added to "player wealth", but that's not a feature that has been implemented yet - CEO pay should reflect gross earnings and not net earnings (even though accumulated wealth is best presented on a net basis). Even if the taxes are being inappropriately included in the game statistic, it would not be valid to use the corporate tax rates as the personal tax rates for the CEOs and I do not believe that there's by country personal tax data loaded behind the scenes as this would be the only place it would be used.

Anyhow, this bugs me quite significantly.
« Last Edit: October 05, 2016, 08:21:20 AM by Sami »

Offline schro

• Members
Re: New CEO Bonus Stuff Is Tiggered
« Reply #1 on: September 30, 2016, 03:17:51 PM »
Oh bloody explicative. I just checked my bonus configuration and it has been reset to zero. I did NOT do that.

Offline Sami

• Administrator
  • Members
    • AirwaySim - Are you the next Richard Branson?
« Reply #2 on: September 30, 2016, 03:22:50 PM »
CEO salary is indeed after taxes.

There's only one field for it, so it has to be one or the other. But I agree that for the stats' purpose the gross salary is the best. And for now, since the wealth is not used for anything else, the tax is disabled.

Offline schro

• Members
« Reply #3 on: September 30, 2016, 05:40:45 PM »
Ok, I think the root cause (again) is the bonus getting disabled without me making a change to the page, as I would be where I expect to be if I had received my Q3 bonus. I received Q1 and Q2 as expected. The only changes to the bonus I made were upon the resolution of the prior bug (prior to the game world start for GW4), and then in GW4 when I set up the bonus (and as you can see, it was paid the first two quarters, otherwise I'd be much further behind).

Offline Pukeko

• Members
« Reply #4 on: September 30, 2016, 06:19:40 PM »
I actually had to reset my bonus a few times. No idea why it kept dissapearing...perhaps my shareholders thought may pay was disgusting and secretely deleted it!

Offline schro

• Members
« Reply #5 on: September 30, 2016, 07:38:26 PM »
I actually had to reset my bonus a few times. No idea why it kept dissapearing...perhaps my shareholders thought may pay was disgusting and secretely deleted it!

Thanks Obama! Now we're all feeling the Bern!

Offline schro

• Members
Re: [ok] New CEO Bonus Stuff Is Tiggered
« Reply #6 on: October 05, 2016, 04:19:10 PM »
Was this really fixed? A quick spot check in GW4 shows that my bonus was disabled again and I know I did not do that.

WARNING! This website is not compatible with the old version of Internet Explorer you are using.

If you are using the latest version please turn OFF the compatibility mode.