Edit account
» Achievements
» Logout
Game Credits
Credit balance: 0 Cr
Buy credits
» Credit history
» Credits FAQ

Author Topic: Block Times  (Read 115 times)

Offline ekaneti

• Members
Block Times
« on: September 30, 2016, 02:45:49 PM »
Hello:

I think a review of blocktimes is in order. I am currently flying a 737-200 from BOS-PNS and the block time is 3:30 for a 1,052 NM flight. Seems a tad too long. BOS-LAS at 6:35 is nearly one hour longer than in real life.

Offline schro

• Members

The 2 people who like this post:
Re: Block Times
« Reply #1 on: September 30, 2016, 03:01:01 PM »
Next to flight time, hover over the ? and you'll see the different components that make up the block time. Couple considerations -

1. The 737-Jurrassics (100/200/200Adv) are set with very slow cruise speeds in the game, thus, their flight time will be 30-45 minutes longer than say, an A320, 727, etc on a ~2000nm route.

2. Going westbound (for BOS-LAS) you'll encounter a headwind. This is more pronounced in real life in the winter time where for transcons, the westbound block time is typically an hour longer than the eastbound block on a round trip due to the winter jetstream/winds. The difference is much less prnounced in the summer.

3. For BOS-PNS, it will probably compute to about 3 hours of flight time + 30 minutes of taxi time. A quick look at a jet blue average in-air times for BOS-FLL shows they average just under 3 hours airborne...

WARNING! This website is not compatible with the old version of Internet Explorer you are using.

If you are using the latest version please turn OFF the compatibility mode.