Edit account
» Achievements
» Logout
Game Credits
Credit balance: 0 Cr
Buy credits
» Credit history
» Credits FAQ

Author Topic: [-] Delivery order gap  (Read 93 times)

Offline fark24

• Members
[-] Delivery order gap
« on: September 28, 2016, 05:37:54 PM »
I'm writing with regard to a delivery order gap I've experienced in game world # 2.

The Airbus 340-500 was launched with first deliveries on Nov-2004. I had orders on the A330/A340 line though Aug-2003. I decided to place a mixed order of 28 A330-200 followed by 14 A340-500 so as to get deliveries in the window between Aug-2003 & Nov-2004, get the A340-500 as soon as possible, and secure the 20% discount for large (40+ frames) direct purchases. I then placed a follow-up order for 42 more A340-500s shortly thereafter.

The production queue has since moved up (as normal) but there is a persistent ~ 8 month gap between the last of the A330-200 ordered (currently set as 15-Oct-2004) and the first A340-500 ordered (currently set as 15-Jun-2005). Even though both types were ordered at the same time and were part of the same order, the production queue move-up of the A340-500 portion is somehow lagging - even with plenty of available slots.

My understanding of the game mechanics is that the first of my A340-500 orders should have been accelerated to the Nov-2004/Dec-2004 timeframe  - with the remaining orders following in sequence thereafter.

Screenshots from my 'Aircraft on order' and the order itself (from my 'News & Press releases') attached.
« Last Edit: September 28, 2016, 06:18:03 PM by Sami »

Offline Sami

• Administrator
  • Members
    • AirwaySim - Are you the next Richard Branson?

The person who likes this post:
Re: Delivery order gap
« Reply #1 on: September 28, 2016, 06:17:57 PM »
A340-500 "certification expected on Nov-2004". ..cannot be any sooner

Offline schro

• Members
Re: Delivery order gap
« Reply #2 on: September 28, 2016, 06:36:50 PM »
A340-500 "certification expected on Nov-2004". ..cannot be any sooner

Your reply doesn't make any sense. OP is stating that he ordered the right amount of 330's to coincide with the start of A345 production on the same order as a number of A345's (I presume he was angling for the bulk discount), but the system assigned his A345 deliveries 8 months AFTER the start of A345 production. Your response supports what is bugging him rather than contradicts it as he contends that the system should have assigned him A345 delivery slots upon certification in Nov-2004 rather than Jun-2005.

Offline Sami

• Administrator
  • Members
    • AirwaySim - Are you the next Richard Branson?
Re: [-] Delivery order gap
« Reply #3 on: September 28, 2016, 06:46:17 PM »
Oh yes, I mislooked the lines in the screenshot.

This is probably because he was not the first to order the -500 model, and there are already several other airlines ahead of him in the queue for it. And while the orders for the A330/A340 are from the same line there are still some checks on model-level (vs. fleet-level), in order to keep the line/orders in a reasonable row between all airlines. (And also since the delivery is far away still the system will leave spaces between the orders in order to keep some room for others too). But with this order rate you can expect the deliveries to move forward a bit after a few years.
« Last Edit: September 28, 2016, 06:48:38 PM by Sami »

Offline schro

• Members
Re: [-] Delivery order gap
« Reply #4 on: September 28, 2016, 07:18:53 PM »
Oh yes, I mislooked the lines in the screenshot.

This is probably because he was not the first to order the -500 model, and there are already several other airlines ahead of him in the queue for it. And while the orders for the A330/A340 are from the same line there are still some checks on model-level (vs. fleet-level), in order to keep the line/orders in a reasonable row between all airlines. (And also since the delivery is far away still the system will leave spaces between the orders in order to keep some room for others too). But with this order rate you can expect the deliveries to move forward a bit after a few years.

From what I have observed over the past few years, I do not believe that the new type orders end up moving up. I have tried to do the same thing in several game worlds and production lines. In some cases, I will get the new type to have its first deliveries to be scheduled upon certification (yay), but the orders that I make before that end up compressing, leaving a 3-9 month gap in deliveries for me. Probably not the same exact issue, but certainly related to the following use case:

1. New model plane launches on an existing production line.
2. Airline has interest in topping off its prior generation orders before ordering the new type.
3. Airline wishes to maximize the usefulness of the volume discount by doing a multipart order - enough planes to cover the production line up to the introduction of the new model, then a clean switch to the new model when it enters service.
4. Production line compression happens.
5. Gap in deliveries happens.
6. Airline does not grow as much as it wants to grow (or perform fleet replacement).
7. ...
8. No profit.

WARNING! This website is not compatible with the old version of Internet Explorer you are using.

If you are using the latest version please turn OFF the compatibility mode.