Edit account
» Achievements
» Logout
Game Credits
Credit balance: 0 Cr
Buy credits
» Credit history
» Credits FAQ

Author Topic: Spare planes to cover C checks?  (Read 212 times)

Offline Cammellodacorsa

• Members
    • http://www.airwaysim.com/game/Banner/170/343/
Spare planes to cover C checks?
« on: September 24, 2016, 08:45:10 AM »
Hello Guys,
just a doubt.
do you have some spare planes to cover the routes when the actual plane goes to Mainitenance C?

I have a small fleet of A319/320 but some of those planes had the C check close to each other and they nearly made me BK.

I can imagine that with a short fleet there is nothing to do about, but I was wondering if owners of much bigger fleet than mine have some plans to cover this disease, or they let just the route uncovered for 14 days, or less or more depend on the type of plane.

thanks for answer

Offline MRothschild

• Members
Re: Spare planes to cover C checks?
« Reply #1 on: September 24, 2016, 08:56:16 AM »
I usually keep one or two frames around to do just that when my fleet size is 100 or less.  Beyond that, it is too much work for my taste.   ;D

Offline [ATA] Hassel

• Members
« Reply #2 on: September 24, 2016, 09:47:13 AM »
To much work compared to the gain, but usually also run 300+ plane fleets

Online wildavidson

• Members
« Reply #3 on: September 24, 2016, 09:55:22 AM »
I've never bothered with it either. Not worth the time and effort.

Offline Cammellodacorsa

• Members
« Reply #4 on: September 24, 2016, 09:56:28 AM »
Ok, great and thanks for the answers.
I thought something like that.

Online schro

• Members

The person who likes this post:
« Reply #5 on: September 24, 2016, 11:17:07 AM »
The cost of keeping the extra plane around will likely be higher than the benefit of having an extra plane. Also, as others have mentioned, doing schedule swaps for maintenance is simply untenable.

Now, if two C checks landing next to each other puts you on the brink of bankruptcy, I would suggest there are other areas of your airline that need significant improvement.

Offline Cammellodacorsa

• Members
« Reply #6 on: September 24, 2016, 07:20:31 PM »
Sure Schro, as this is my first experience in a real GW, after some Beginners Scenarios completed.
But anyway, maybe I wasn't facing bk, but found myself with 6 planes in total, with 2 in C checks the week following the first one with positive income, you can understand I was a little bit scared.
On the other side I wasn't planning any idea of spare plane, was just wandering is more experienced players act this way or not.
:-) doubt cleared, now I'm gonna go clearing some others!!! :-)

Offline ban2

• Members
« Reply #7 on: October 14, 2016, 10:15:52 PM »
I call this the 'C'illy season.

Because most new players (including myself when I was new) tend to overstretch their finances at the start, opening lots of new routes, leasing or buying planes(which won't start getting profitable till around 6 months or so).

Then just as you think you are in the money all your planes all start coming in for C check one after another all at once. This cannot be helped unless you bring planes in early for C check.

One way to cope with this is to remember to leave enough money in the bank for the first 12 months to cover the cost of all your planes C checks.

After 24 months of operations you should get a more or less constant stream of planes coming in for check.

I don't bother with replacement planes because you'd just get swamped with the workload, also don't forget any competition you have on a route will more than likely not schedule replacements, so you don't to lose out in the long run.

Offline DC

• Members
« Reply #8 on: November 16, 2016, 01:59:20 AM »
Can't agree more to all the other replies. C-checks can get a bit crazy when they're overlapping...

WARNING! This website is not compatible with the old version of Internet Explorer you are using.

If you are using the latest version please turn OFF the compatibility mode.