Aircraft return to lessor

Started by bojobojobojo, March 06, 2009, 01:29:26 PM

bojobojobojo

Sami,

Good afternoon.

I read the topics in the forum and I did not find anything on the subject, so here goes. I had (luckily) aquired a brand new A321-200 with 0 cycles and imediately I put it on the market for leasing. I was leased by a company for 3 years. Its condition was 100%, age 0.05 or 7 y. Just a few (game) days I got it back and its condition was 17%! The lessee has gone bankrupt unfortunately and the aircrfat was not maintained at all.

My question/suggestion is : the aircraft should be in the same condition that it was taken, when we return it to the lessor. If We take it at 90%, we should return it again 90%. I believe that in real life it is like this. So if I deside to skip the maintetance, I should pay at the end of the lease for bringing the aircrfat in the same condition it was taken

Best regards

ollik

If the airline went bankrupt, how could it have paid for the maintenance before returning the plane to you?

bojobojobojo

It couldn't if it is bankrupt
I am talking in general as a suggestion

blair21088

a brand new plane does not go to 17% in a few game days.

Tenerife

It was leased by a company for 3 years.
He got it back a few game days ago... :)

But youre right there Boyan!
I hope my leased out planes will all come back in good conditions! :-\

blair21088

My mistake I guess. I read that as an airline leased on a 3 year term then a few days later returned it. Your version makes more sense though. And for the OP, this is just one of the risks of lending and happens all the time in real life. A bankrupt company cannot afford to repair aircraft and return them to you because if they could they'd still be trying to survive.