Edit account
» Achievements
» Logout
Game Credits
Credit balance: 0 Cr
Buy credits
» Credit history
» Credits FAQ

Author Topic: [ok] Giving the CEO a raise whacks the bonus  (Read 105 times)

Offline schro

• Members
[ok] Giving the CEO a raise whacks the bonus
« on: September 15, 2016, 01:03:34 PM »
So, as a serial overpayer of CEOs and one that even decided to base in SIN for GW1 for the main purpose of getting the #1 CEO pay achievement unlocked just to have the rug pulled out from under me with the new rubbish related to flatlining CEO pay across all airlines and instituting the bonus scheme, I was shocked to see how far down in the rankings I had fallen in GW1 as I was giving my CEO a regular raise to keep up with inflation. When the new "feature" to keep me from reaching the #1 CEO pay achievement was implemented, I added the maximum bonus parameters to each of my game worlds. In GW1, I noticed that I did not seem to have a bonus set. I then checked GW2 and GW3 and found a similar thing. It was odd as i was fairly sure when I gave CEO raises in the past that the bonus stayed untouched.

So, I tried it out to see -

1. Set CEO bonus.
2. Give CEO a raise
3. Save
4. Observe CEO is no longer eligible for bonus
5. ....
6. No profit

I'm going to go cry in a corner now that I'm probably 18 months away from having a minuscule hope of earning that achievement.
« Last Edit: September 18, 2016, 11:06:08 AM by Sami »

Offline [SC] - King Kong

• Members
Re: Giving the CEO a raise whacks the bonus
« Reply #1 on: September 15, 2016, 11:01:53 PM »
LOL
Fix this please  ;D

Offline schro

• Members
« Reply #2 on: September 16, 2016, 01:11:21 AM »
Actually, my steps were not correct to reproduce the error as I was looking at the place where wages are set rather than the place where wages are totalled out at the top of the screen. Therefore, my observation changes to the following:

At some point since the CEO bonus feature was introduced, there was some sort of change made to the game and/or underlying data in a manner that impacted the configured CEO bonus level and reset it to zero.

Signed, the crying former #1 paid CEO of GW1 that will never catch up now.

Offline [ATA] Hassel

• Members
« Reply #3 on: September 16, 2016, 12:05:37 PM »
I'm also in SIN in gw#2 going for the exact same achievement. i've raised my salary each year and given maximum bonus but 1st place is far out of reach.... :(

Offline Sami

• Administrator
  • Members
    • AirwaySim - Are you the next Richard Branson?
« Reply #4 on: September 18, 2016, 11:06:04 AM »
It has, for some reason, stored multiple entries of the bonus setup to the settings database, while there should be only one per each airline.

Reset the bonus once to be sure it's working. So for example disable it (set trigger to 0% and amount to "disable"), and then set it right back on again.

Offline schro

• Members
Re: [ok] Giving the CEO a raise whacks the bonus
« Reply #5 on: September 18, 2016, 12:25:57 PM »
I assume that a request for CEO back pay will be declined? If not, where should that request be filed?

WARNING! This website is not compatible with the old version of Internet Explorer you are using.

If you are using the latest version please turn OFF the compatibility mode.