Edit account
» Achievements
» Logout
Game Credits
Credit balance: 0 Cr
Buy credits
» Credit history
» Credits FAQ

Author Topic: 737-200Adv - JT8D-17R +5.7tn - range errors ?  (Read 326 times)

Online BristolFlyer

• Members
737-200Adv - JT8D-17R +5.7tn - range errors ?
« on: September 05, 2016, 11:56:10 PM »
I'd like to ask Sami if perhaps a setting hasn't been corrected for this latest longest range re-engined model?   I have just tried to put my relatively light PAX arrangement of 80Y and 3C planes on LYS to DKR which is a distance of 2180nm

Given the standard range claim for this aircraft (with a +5.7tn MTOW) is 2050nm at a PAX arrangement of 120Y,  then surely asking for this tiny bit more range on that basis wouldn't limit PAX that severely (compared to all sorts of other routes I push in this manner)

However, with my 80Y + 3C arrangement - in my Aircraft data details, I'm shown I can get 2240nm without PAX limitation. Well I only want 2180, so why does it want to limit me to 64 PAX if I try to fly this route???

Surely some error in a setting?
Thanks for any answers
Dave

Offline ZombieSlayer

• Members

The person who likes this post:
Re: 737-200Adv - JT8D-17R +5.7tn - range errors ?
« Reply #1 on: September 06, 2016, 12:56:40 AM »
Need more detail. Route pair? Could be runway limitations on either end. Is the aircraft you are using a -17R +5.7tn variant? Could you have assigned the route or configuration to a different plane?

Edit: I see the route listed, lemme look.
Co-Founder Elite Worldwide Alliance
CEO PacAir
Designated "Tier 1 Opponent"

Online BristolFlyer

• Members
« Reply #2 on: September 06, 2016, 09:00:57 AM »
Need more detail. Route pair? Could be runway limitations on either end. Is the aircraft you are using a -17R +5.7tn variant? Could you have assigned the route or configuration to a different plane?

Edit: I see the route listed, lemme look.

Hello Zombie - thanks for looking - maybe there's something but I can't figure it out:

AIRCRAFT:
Model: 737-200 Adv
Serial No:  24422
Engines:  2x P&W JT8D-17R
Seating: Y:80 C:3 F:0
Nom. Range:  2240
Runway requirement at MTOW:  1680

Lyon Airport (LYS):  no issues, its big and I have many other same planes with no issues.

Dakar, Senegal (DKR):
Airport class size: Significant (4)
Longest Runway:  3490 x 45m Ashphalt
Noise regs: all allowed
Allowed aircraft types: all

So what is the quite severe restriction for ?
Nom. Range:  2240nm

Offline ZombieSlayer

• Members

« Reply #3 on: September 06, 2016, 10:45:14 AM »
Yes all checkset out. Does it give the limitation in a yellow bow on the create route screen, before creating the route and assigning it to a plane? If so, ignore it as that is what your shortest ranged 732 will carry. If, after creating the route and assigning it to an aircraft, the route info screen says  limited to 64 passengers I think it becomes a Sami question.
Co-Founder Elite Worldwide Alliance
CEO PacAir
Designated "Tier 1 Opponent"

Offline JumboShrimp

• Members

« Reply #4 on: September 06, 2016, 11:21:48 AM »
On the route creation screen, it gives you one value for the pax limit, and that one value corresponds to the shortest range aircraft you have of that type (737-200 Adv).  No way to tell from the route creation screen how many pax the longest range 732Adv will carry.  Only way to find out is to schedule the flight to that aircraft.

Online BristolFlyer

• Members

« Reply #5 on: September 06, 2016, 08:07:59 PM »
Thanks so much for the thoughts about this. Having implamented the route, seems I have no PAX reduction, so evidently this message (yes it's the yellow box while scheduling a flight) is really quite inaccurate for aircraft which have numerous better engine choices and MTOW increases. As suggested, it must take just the base engine and MTOW model and work from that.  OK, lesson learned - thanks all.

WARNING! This website is not compatible with the old version of Internet Explorer you are using.

If you are using the latest version please turn OFF the compatibility mode.