Edit account
» Achievements
» Logout
Game Credits
Credit balance: 0 Cr
Buy credits
» Credit history
» Credits FAQ

Author Topic: Game intrest.  (Read 516 times)

Offline Seven

• Members
Game intrest.
« on: September 01, 2016, 09:29:48 PM »
There are many opinions in this simulation but i think a 4th type is the most heated topic,so maybe by a poll we can show what we want,because we play a game for fun and not to sit the last 20 years waiting because of locked by fleet type and/or limitation from planes which can be based outside headquaters.
I have spent 2 real months waiting which equals as 9 credits trown away just because game was done for airliner because of the limitations.
A game should stay intresting and fun,especially if your promote yourself as highly realistic,but once the customers(we) gett more experianced we gett only more blocked instead of building the real empire,as this was the words of the advertisement which make me a player here now.
there are different game worlds so make a difference in this so we can join the game(s)we like.

Offline fark24

• Members
Re: Game intrest.
« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2016, 03:22:32 PM »
I don't think your premise is entirely correct. You can build very large airlines with 3 or fewer fleet types. Large enough to be comparable with the largest airlines in existence today.

Right now, 198 players have the Level 3 Aircraft Fleet achievement for running an airline with 500 or more aircraft. If you want a real-life comparison, an airline with 500 aircraft would be the 5th largest passenger airline in the world. And the 4th largest airline in the world (Southwest) currently only uses 2 fleet types - the Boeing 737 'classic' and the Boeing 737 NGs.

I think the main drawback to the 3 fleet mechanics is that it really means you can only have 2 fleets for most of the game as you have to keep that 3rd fleet type available to replace one of your existing fleets. You can't efficiently fly short, medium, long-haul and ultra long-haul simultaneously.

I think the idea of a 'subsidiary' would make the game more enjoyable and allow a player to do more than spend weeks at a time simply replacing aircraft. Allow a player to have a limited fleet of aircraft (no more than 2 types, 100 total frames) in a subsidiary that are not identical to a fleet type already flown by the parent airline. That would allow a player to explore some 'boutique' routes such as adding a few A340/777s to reach the far corners of the world or using DHC-8/CRJs to serve small markets that you would normally not bother with.

Offline JumboShrimp

• Members

The 2 people who like this post:
« Reply #2 on: September 02, 2016, 05:49:49 PM »
Maybe the Beginners world could be the place where the 4th fleet does not become so expensive (with large number of aircraft).

Offline Seven

• Members
« Reply #3 on: September 03, 2016, 12:21:11 AM »
Yes,Fark24 have a point.
If we are allowed just 3 types then a subsidiary would be a nice solution.
another variaty in 1 of the gws would be nice indeed.

I have only see Jumboshrimp based in Istanbul(previous gw3),Dubai and Los Angeles which all 3 have large numbers of pax available yes i can fly these bases easy with 2 types too and a 3rd for an fleet transition and not see you in smaller bases which needs more flexability to stay a leading carrier only by a variaty in regional,medium and long haul.
And if you did then that was before my time here and means you had to learn the game too.
Yes i am too good for a beginers world and need more experiance in the longer game worlds to gett the skills you have too.So give us Middle skilled players a bone too.
i wonder how long it took for you to be at the place you are now.

I not say all game worlds should be like this,with gw 1 and 2 now show so many simularities it would be nice to give this option a chance in 1 of the 2 or maybe in another gw.
This would give us some more variaty to choose from.seeing gws ending up with just 130 airliners or so with starting with 500+,so maybe this option give other airliners a chance too to stick till the end too,

I dont know about you,but i like different kind of game worlds so can choose which to play and with starting numbers like previous game world with more then 600 players,this means there are enough players but only a little above hundered make it till the end.
and maybe the 4th type makes it interest for some players to stay around more and give bases like Kiev and Dublin some flair too and tap into markets which now are unavailable because of the 3type rule.

Yes southwest have a nice business going around with there 2 types of which 1 is the future group of growth(max is in commanlity with 737ngs),but in this game world only flying with 737s on order means that growth will not be so fast as competition does with more types.

Offline Teadaze

• Members

The person who likes this post:
« Reply #4 on: September 03, 2016, 04:42:46 AM »
you overlooked something, allowing 4th or unlimited type to all airline doesn't mean you get an easy pass, it also means if your HQ is a mega rich airline they will more then likely destroy you due to them able to field more speciality aircraft.

there is no such thing as middle level player, you either know the info, or you don't.  have mentor that willing to help you, follow them or ignore them.. it's all up to you to run a proper airline.

If you want fun easy airline, continue in beginners world.

Offline JumboShrimp

• Members

« Reply #5 on: September 03, 2016, 07:10:12 AM »
I have only see Jumboshrimp based in Istanbul(previous gw3),Dubai and Los Angeles which all 3 have large numbers of pax available yes i can fly these bases easy with 2 types too and a 3rd for an fleet transition and not see you in smaller bases which needs more flexability to stay a leading carrier only by a variaty in regional,medium and long haul.

I have been slacking off lately, not really built mega airlines like in the old MT worlds.

But you have to sacrifice something.  If you start at an airport that needs Large and Very Large aircraft, you are sacrificing the ability to have a medium aircraft - something that could be very helpful and far more profitable on thinner destinations (if you include staff costs in your calculation, which most people don't).

If you want to fly regional, you may just completely give up on LH, and base at airports that have very limited LH, in order not to attract one of the Mega LH carriers to your airport.

I do agree with one of your points though:  the aircraft out of the HQ limit, especially in first 2-3 decades really cripples the concept of regional / super regional.  If your HQ at one of the regional type airports only supports, say 50 aircraft, and you only have 200 for out of the base, you are stuck at 250.

In comparison, at airport like LAX, ORD, JFK, LHR, you can get to 400-500 before you even open a first base...  So scrapping the limit would open the door for more regionals and for more competition between regionals.

But one word of advice:  If you think of a lot of "flexibility" at smaller airports, with multiple fleets of aircraft, there is another thing that can bite you: Base overhead.  If you are opening level 3, 4 bases at small airports, that can only support a small number of aircraft, that overhead will kill just as easily as multiple fleet overhead.  So you really have to still sacrifice Large and Very Large aircraft in order to be able to open a large number of bases, and stick with Level 2 bases.

And if you are using only Medium aircraft, you don't need more than 3 types, so we are back to square 1.

Offline JumboShrimp

• Members

« Reply #6 on: September 03, 2016, 07:22:04 AM »
you overlooked something, allowing 4th or unlimited type to all airline doesn't mean you get an easy pass, it also means if your HQ is a mega rich airline they will more then likely destroy you due to them able to field more speciality aircraft.

there is no such thing as middle level player, you either know the info, or you don't.  have mentor that willing to help you, follow them or ignore them.. it's all up to you to run a proper airline.

If you want fun easy airline, continue in beginners world.

Another, probably even better source of advice are alliances.  In alliances, people are even more generous with advice, since you are on the same team.

Offline Seven

• Members
« Reply #7 on: September 06, 2016, 09:34:41 AM »
Yes it is a visual circle we can debat in indeed.
So we both have good points and we both have some less good points.

Just what i try to say is that if can have 1 Game world with this option of 4 types as now we have a limitation of just 600 planes outside headquaters and a max of 10 bases,so just let 1 game be different from the once we play now.
This we we have more choice of which game(s) we want to play.
You dont buy for example Mario bros 1 two times is it?instead you buy Mario bros 1 and 2 so you have a different game to play,but still its Mario.

Yes,alliance play a very important role in the present game worlds,and advice is good if you gett from the right players indeed.
I am very Lucky in this matter that the side.

Offline Cammellodacorsa

• Members
    • http://www.airwaysim.com/game/Banner/170/343/
« Reply #8 on: September 10, 2016, 06:58:49 AM »
Maybe could be an idea to pen more than 3/4 worlds so we can experiment. I'm not a fan of wide fleets, but it could be interesting for whose who support them to try.
Maybe, some more worlds could help anyone to find his own special environment, from the game duration, to the secialty to the number of fleets and so on.

Offline Seven

• Members
« Reply #9 on: September 14, 2016, 05:19:05 PM »
Totally agree with that

WARNING! This website is not compatible with the old version of Internet Explorer you are using.

If you are using the latest version please turn OFF the compatibility mode.