Edit account
» Achievements
» Logout
Game Credits
Credit balance: 0 Cr
Buy credits
» Credit history
» Credits FAQ

Author Topic: Impossible LHR - not at all realistic !  (Read 431 times)

Offline Viscount Bailey

• Members
Impossible LHR - not at all realistic !
« on: August 29, 2016, 09:45:54 PM »
So in this GW, airports like LHR have become 100% unavailable EVER for 99.99% of the players, thanks to one or two players who evidently have nothing else to do but sit 24/7 staring at the screen, awaiting a new slot to drop, then snatch it up in a micro-second. Not even remotely realistic !!!!   In real life BA might have wanted to do this but the BAA would never have permitted such monopolisation.  Come on Sami... there has to be some sort of better system of fairness ?

Online schro

• Members

The person who likes this post:
Re: Impossible LHR - not at all realistic !
« Reply #1 on: August 29, 2016, 10:09:27 PM »
I suppose you're not familiar with real life prior to open skies based upon the argument that you presented....

Offline gazzz0x2z

• Members
« Reply #2 on: August 30, 2016, 06:45:57 AM »
LHR is the toughest airport of the game, usually. Not always. In current GW3, there are still plenty of slots available at certain times of the day. Each game is different. Other GW3s, it was as full as you described. And, of course, it happens the first time I'm not in reach for LHR.....That's life.

So if LHR is unavailable to you, look for other places, where others are not. When this player attacked me in Detroit, and killed my profitability, I flew to Memphis and Kansas City with RJs, where I got better profits. Before jumping to JFK when it got free(still can't believe it happened, but it did). If you cannot breath in LHR, look elsewhere in the kingdom. I'm not in GW1, I cannot tell you what is the best place to go now, but I've made a lot of good money there in previous GW3s, in Glasgow, Edinburgh, Cardiff, London City, etc.....

Offline Jetsetter

• Members
« Reply #3 on: August 31, 2016, 01:24:37 PM »
LOL at BAA.

And British Airways' purchase of British Midland.

And the airport slots worth, in reality, millions of Pounds.

Offline ZombieSlayer

• Members

The 2 people who like this post:
« Reply #4 on: August 31, 2016, 03:51:11 PM »
Come to GW2....LHR has over 250 slots an hour (which IRL would equate to a landing or take off every 7 seconds...) with over 100 open in every hour. On second thought, dont. I have enough company there as it is....
Co-Founder Elite Worldwide Alliance
CEO PacAir
Designated "Tier 1 Opponent"

Offline bdnascar3

• Members

The 2 people who like this post:
« Reply #5 on: August 31, 2016, 10:39:34 PM »
plus remember that this is a game, not real life.

Offline tise1983

• Members
« Reply #6 on: October 03, 2016, 01:31:30 AM »
This is a game? Say it ain't so

Offline NovemberCharlie

• Members

The person who likes this post:
« Reply #7 on: October 03, 2016, 06:30:55 AM »
So in this GW, airports like LHR have become 100% unavailable EVER for 99.99% of the players, thanks to one or two players who evidently have nothing else to do but sit 24/7 staring at the screen, awaiting a new slot to drop, then snatch it up in a micro-second. Not even remotely realistic !!!!   In real life BA might have wanted to do this but the BAA would never have permitted such monopolisation.  Come on Sami... there has to be some sort of better system of fairness ?
LOL at BAA.

And British Airways' purchase of British Midland.

And the airport slots worth, in reality, millions of Pounds.

Yeah if you want realism at LHR,  slot prices should also be adjusted...
http://www.ch-aviation.com/portal/news/43990-air-france-klm-sell-heathrow-slots-to-emirates-oman-air
$75mln for a peak slot pairing

I'll take the current form over that anyday :D

Cheers,

NC

WARNING! This website is not compatible with the old version of Internet Explorer you are using.

If you are using the latest version please turn OFF the compatibility mode.