Edit account
» Achievements
» Logout
Game Credits
Credit balance: 0 Cr
Buy credits
» Credit history
» Credits FAQ

Author Topic: Airport - additional info  (Read 175 times)

Offline JumboShrimp

• Members
Airport - additional info
« on: August 23, 2016, 06:57:21 PM »
There is an Airport pop up screen that comes up when opening a base.  It lists % of slot availability, airlines based there, how long they have been there, how many aircraft they have based there.  This is a very useful screen, and it would be nice to have a button on the airport screen to be able to call it up anytime.

Offline Sami

• Administrator
  • Members
    • AirwaySim - Are you the next Richard Branson?
Re: Airport - additional info
« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2016, 08:17:05 PM »
On which page exactly?

Offline JumboShrimp

• Members
« Reply #2 on: August 23, 2016, 09:19:55 PM »
From opening a new base page, once you select an airport for the new base, the system pops up a confirmation page, with more detail info about the airport, from where the user can select to confirm the airport selection.  This confirmation page has some very useful additional option about the airport.

I was wondering if the system already has this page, it would be useful if it was easily accessible (by placing a link on every airport page airport page), such as:

http://www.airwaysim.com/game/Routes/Airport/KLAX/

Bottom left side of the page would be a good place for the link (since the bottom right grows by number of basis)
« Last Edit: August 23, 2016, 09:22:22 PM by JumboShrimp »

Offline gazzz0x2z

• Members
« Reply #3 on: August 24, 2016, 01:07:18 PM »
Yeah, it's a kind of base view. I first looked to Cincinnati, where noone is based anymore, and I was not impressed, but then I looked at San Juan - and its 3 companies -  and it kicks ass to be able to compare companies. And you cannot see that where you are already installed - because you can't open a base where you arelady have a base(normal). I'd love to have a look at my own airports with this little cute screen, to have a better understanding of my opposition dynamics.

JFK in current GW3 must be rather funny, with most companies having rushed there at the same time, when the local giant collapsed.

Link could be labelled "potential analysis", or something like that.

Offline JumboShrimp

• Members

The person who likes this post:
« Reply #4 on: August 24, 2016, 02:13:41 PM »
Yeah, it's a kind of base view. I first looked to Cincinnati, where noone is based anymore, and I was not impressed, but then I looked at San Juan - and its 3 companies -  and it kicks ass to be able to compare companies. And you cannot see that where you are already installed - because you can't open a base where you arelady have a base(normal). I'd love to have a look at my own airports with this little cute screen, to have a better understanding of my opposition dynamics.

Yeah.  Also, if you have just opened a base, you cannot even get to this airport view, until you are eligible to open a base again.

It would just be great if this info was easily accessible, since it is useful info, and system already has it.  Just to provide a link and make it independent, not part of base opening process.

WARNING! This website is not compatible with the old version of Internet Explorer you are using.

If you are using the latest version please turn OFF the compatibility mode.