Edit account
» Achievements
» Logout
Game Credits
Credit balance: 0 Cr
Buy credits
» Credit history
» Credits FAQ

Author Topic: Changes to Ipswich...  (Read 342 times)

Offline Joshua Jordan

• Members
Changes to Ipswich...
« on: August 16, 2016, 07:08:02 PM »
I got this message today.
Message from Civil Aviation Administration,

One of the airports you are flying to (Ipswich / EGSE / IPW) is about to be closed shortly.

Please note that your route management team will automatically relocate all the routes to the new airport when it opens. However you should manually check all the routes after the move is made as the new airport may not serve all the same domestic and/or international destinations as the old airport!

The airport will be closed in 366 days. The new airport opening nearby is ( - ).

Does this mean there is no new airport or has it somehow fallen off the message?

Thanks in advance.

Offline Sami

• Administrator
  • Members
    • AirwaySim - Are you the next Richard Branson?
Re: Changes to Ipswich...
« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2016, 01:16:29 PM »
From what I see there is no replacement to Ipswich (?). So the message is incorrect...

Offline yearofthecactus

• Members
« Reply #2 on: August 17, 2016, 01:42:59 PM »
Ipswich was closed because the council wanted the land. So there was no replacement airport.

But looking at the game it did alert me to the fact Norwich International Airport is missing on this game. A far bigger airport than Ipswich ever was, and somewhat larger than a good deal of the UK ones, perhaps that should be added. At the very least it would be somewhere for the Ipswich traffic to go.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Norwich_International_Airport#History

Offline Joshua Jordan

• Members
« Reply #3 on: August 22, 2016, 09:12:21 AM »
The message is still wrong.

Message from Civil Aviation Administration,

One of the airports you are flying to (Ipswich / EGSE / IPW) is about to be closed shortly.

Please note that your route management team will automatically relocate all the routes to the new airport when it opens. However you should manually check all the routes after the move is made as the new airport may not serve all the same domestic and/or international destinations as the old airport!

The airport will be closed in 91 days. The new airport opening nearby is ( - ).

Offline Matt Elphick

• Members
« Reply #4 on: August 22, 2016, 11:15:26 AM »
There is no replacement as there won't be one able to get to this game world so I think just move to Norwich or another airport nearby or just remove from schedule. It is annoying but in real life airlines flying there would have to give it up so we will have to as well in this game

Offline Joshua Jordan

• Members
« Reply #5 on: August 25, 2016, 02:14:10 PM »
I understand the airport has closed and that no alternative is given.

It's just a little annoying that the message doesn't tell you that.  That's all I'm sayin

WARNING! This website is not compatible with the old version of Internet Explorer you are using.

If you are using the latest version please turn OFF the compatibility mode.