Edit account
» Achievements
» Logout
Game Credits
Credit balance: 0 Cr
Buy credits
» Credit history
» Credits FAQ

Author Topic: Non-daily flights  (Read 396 times)

Offline Virtuoso

• Members
Non-daily flights
« on: August 05, 2016, 03:39:57 PM »
I was wondering, how is the daily demand distributed when you fly for example only days 1-3-5--. Does the demand from days 2,4,6,7 move to some extent to the days that the flight is operated or not?

The reason I am asking is that in case the demand is for example ca 50-60 pax per day and I have a plane with 100 seats, can I make it work if I only fly the route for example 3 times a week?

Online schro

• Members

The person who likes this post:
Re: Non-daily flights
« Reply #1 on: August 05, 2016, 11:28:06 PM »
It does not reallocate like that.

I think it has been contemplated as a potential future enhancement, but at this point, a day's demand won't boogie to another day.

Offline Virtuoso

• Members
« Reply #2 on: August 06, 2016, 09:27:49 AM »
Hmmm, okay. So basically, you fly min 7 times a week or there is no point of flying at all.

Offline Nicsnid

• Members

The person who likes this post:
« Reply #3 on: August 07, 2016, 06:11:58 PM »
This is a feature that I truly miss, as it would open up to new type of airlines like leisure/holiday type airlines (TUI, Thomas Cook) on thinner routes that cannot be flown without larger aircraft.

Online gazzz0x2z

• Members
« Reply #4 on: August 08, 2016, 06:06:47 AM »
This is a feature that I truly miss, as it would open up to new type of airlines like leisure/holiday type airlines (TUI, Thomas Cook) on thinner routes that cannot be flown without larger aircraft.

Or typically an Airport like Grenoble, where IRL 65% of traffic(french domestic and not far international, mainly) flies on saturdays, and 30% on sundays.

Though I guess it's for after city-based demand.

Offline Matt Elphick

• Members
« Reply #5 on: August 08, 2016, 04:30:30 PM »
following on, is it possible to have a flight on all days except Saturday and Sunday. For example we often fly to france for a few days and flights are Monday through to Friday at different times. The planes are always full or if not full at least 90% load factor. Can this work in airway sim?

Offline 11Air

• Members
« Reply #6 on: August 15, 2016, 08:26:15 AM »
Requested elsewhere I believe.  I'd like to see 30%? of unmet demand moving to the day before, or after, and another 30% moving to the nearest available airport as I feel this reflects real world much more closely.  After all we don't choose not to fly, just go when there's a cheap flight to take us.

Online yearofthecactus

• Members
« Reply #7 on: August 15, 2016, 02:49:37 PM »
following on, is it possible to have a flight on all days except Saturday and Sunday. For example we often fly to france for a few days and flights are Monday through to Friday at different times. The planes are always full or if not full at least 90% load factor. Can this work in airway sim?

Well it's possible to have a flight when you want it. It is modeled on the game already, to the point weekend demand is usually significantly lower than weekday.

Before I started 7 day scheduling, I used to fly one route per plane on a Saturday/Sunday off basis to get the maintenance in.

WARNING! This website is not compatible with the old version of Internet Explorer you are using.

If you are using the latest version please turn OFF the compatibility mode.