» Credit history
» Credits FAQ

Author Topic: Hushkit  (Read 331 times)

Offline Captim

• Members
Hushkit
« on: July 29, 2016, 01:09:19 PM »
Hi GW2,

So, recently joined in and planning for the future. Could someone please tell me what the hushkit price is on the DC9 or 731?

I'm running BAC's at the moment but considering their longevity.

Many thanks,

Offline schro

• Members
Re: Hushkit
« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2016, 07:12:04 PM »
Hushkits are usually no more than 3-5m per each.

As long as the range suits you, the BACs are better than the DC9 and 731. They really don't get one-upped until the F'ing 100s...

Offline freshmore

• Members

The person who likes this post:
« Reply #2 on: July 29, 2016, 07:38:15 PM »
I was going to say, 1-11's are only worth changing with something better. A320, B737 and F100 all good candidates for replacing them. Everything else if the same Vintage is not worth it, Plus hushkits I think are available for the 1-11 as well off the top of my head.

Offline schro

• Members
« Reply #3 on: July 29, 2016, 07:41:01 PM »
I was going to say, 1-11's are only worth changing with something better. A320, B737 and F100 all good candidates for replacing them. Everything else if the same Vintage is not worth it, Plus hushkits I think are available for the 1-11 as well off the top of my head.

Yes, they are available for the 1-11. I took a fleet of 500 or so into 2017 a while back :-)

Online gazzz0x2z

• Members
« Reply #4 on: July 29, 2016, 09:11:48 PM »
Yes, they are available for the 1-11. I took a fleet of 500 or so into 2017 a while back :-)

Replaced by what? B717s?

Offline schro

• Members
« Reply #5 on: July 29, 2016, 09:23:53 PM »
Replaced by what? B717s?

Yes. I really didn't want to replace them, but I needed to clear out a third fleet type for 787s as the 767s were not meeting their needs.

Offline Captim

• Members
« Reply #6 on: August 01, 2016, 03:48:24 PM »
Thanks guys.

They're not available on the 1-11 yet I don't believe, but as a medium aircraft I presume the price for them will be 25-50% lower.

The F100 looks overpriced now as I arrived into the game too late. Thinking of hanging out the 1-11's until the E-Jet's arrive instead. So long as they're gone by $1k oil I think it will cover it's costs...

Online gazzz0x2z

• Members
« Reply #7 on: August 01, 2016, 06:53:50 PM »
(.../...) Thinking of hanging out the 1-11's until the E-Jet's arrive instead. So long as they're gone by $1k oil I think it will cover it's costs...

I shouldn't say that because I'm selling many of them right now, but the E-jets often reach insane prices on the market. In the same era, you've got plenty of nice alternatives(and a few not so nice ones), the CRJ1000, the J928, the A158, the SSJ95, who all tend to be less in demand, and therefore underpriced in comparison. It does not matter for a company already gushing cash, but if you're still struggling with cash, being able to secure a 85-seater like the A158 for less than 20M$(or the equivalent in leasing costs) brand new is really worth the extra maintenance costs _ and the commonality costs that go with them.

But it really depends wether you need a 80 seater or really a 100-seater. If you really need a medium-sized 100-seater(with 100 real seats, not economic crap), then all I said in the previous paragraph is moot and void. F100 and E195 are the only choices in the late era. All others are too small for your needs, even if they are perfect for mine. The COMAC ARJ21-900 reaches the 90 real seats mark, but not 100, and, errrrm, well, it' not the best bird of the era(even if it's possible to make money with it), and arrives a few years later.....

Offline Captim

• Members
« Reply #8 on: August 01, 2016, 07:50:06 PM »
Yep, the E's will end up expensive too but at least I should be in a position by then to get in there at the beginning and grab what I need at 'list' prices. The ER and LR variants open up new route options as well. Plus as they eventually come in so many flavours, there's usually a new type just around the corner.

The E-Jet2 should really be in the game database by now also?!

I've never used those other less fashionable types you mention, I might end up blinking and shooting for one of those instead, especially if the 1-11's really start to suffer at $500+ fuel.

Offline schro

• Members

« Reply #9 on: August 02, 2016, 02:10:25 AM »
The BACs are fine at just about any fuel price - you can realistically use them through game end (well, that will be base dependent - it would go very poorly to use them at the top edge of their range for everything, but fine for much shorter routes).

Now, one thing to consider is that the F'ing 100's will cost you ~25% less fuel per flight than a BAC-111-500.... at some point, those fuel costs will cover your increased capital expense.

Online gazzz0x2z

• Members

« Reply #10 on: August 02, 2016, 07:57:34 AM »
Yep, the E's will end up expensive too but at least I should be in a position by then to get in there at the beginning and grab what I need at 'list' prices. The ER and LR variants open up new route options as well. Plus as they eventually come in so many flavours, there's usually a new type just around the corner.

That's why they are so popular. And therefore so costly. I used them with success in previous GW3, but I had no chice : in the time, it was nearly the only plane of the category allowed in London City. List has long grown since.

The E-Jet2 should really be in the game database by now also?!

Unfortunately, I fear they are not yet. I guess Sami lacks proper and accurate dataz to modelize them.

I've never used those other less fashionable types you mention, I might end up blinking and shooting for one of those instead, especially if the 1-11's really start to suffer at $500+ fuel.

Each of them is different. I made a lot of calculations, and ended up with the conclusion that the ARJ21 and the TU334 are not good for their era. Whatever the scenario, you'll always find better(though they allow some profit, they are not Baade). All others options are at least decent. CRJ is a wide family and beginning with small CRJ100, for later replacing them with bigger models when demand increases, is a sound model(but down from the 100-seater 1-11-500 to the 52-seater CRJ100 is probably not a good idea). ERJs are definitively too small for your taste(but very useful in other contexts, ERJ145XR is probably the only plane that can allow a company in Ulaan-Bator to survive). Fairchild-Dornier are a little small(though I just checked, and the 928 is in fact a 95-seater, bigger than I thought), but really cost-efficient, and it's not a small family. A148/158 lack a long-range version for the 158, but cost trinkets to buy - they don't drink much, but beware the maintenance costs. SSJs allow for very long range, low-demand flights, for a very moderate price. MRJ is THE ultimate regional jet, but arrives so late that not much players make the transition. This makes their price even lower, and makes them even more kick-ass, but only for a limited timespan.

In other words, just below 100 pax, after the year 2K, choice is broad. But they all arrive after 2000. Before 2000, it's 1-11 or F100. And the Ejet has the broadest family, which is really practical. But comes with a price. Right now, in GW3, it's year 2010, and you can order :
A158(85 seats) for 25M$
CRJ1000EL(88 seats) for 51M$
ARJ21-900STD(90 seats) for 31M$
E190STD(100 seats) for 55M$
J928(95 seats) for 33M$
F100(105 seats) for 43M$
F120(115 seats) for 51M$
MRJ90STD(80 seats) for 44M$
SSJ100/95B(95 seats) for 37M$

Of course, some are here since a long time, the SSJ is about to arrive, the ARJ is due in 2016, the F120 in 2017, the MRJ is due in 2019. When replacing 1-11-500, the A158 and the MRJ probably lack some seats. The ARJ21 is crap that arrives late. The CRJ family may be a good choice, due to its long family of shorter planes, but I'm not sure it's what you're looking for. Ejets, Fairchild-Dornier, Fokkers, Sukhois, all seem good choices to me in your case. Now, Fokkers and Fairchild-Dornier do not offer long-range options as do Sukhois and Ejets, but my experience is that when fuel price rise at 1.5k$, it's not really profitable to fly Regional jets, even kickass as the Ejet, beyond 1800NM.

Or you have the inferior Bae148/AvroRJ family, that has the lone but important advantage to be available earlier. Those are definitively too slow for my taste, though. In 2010, they are already history. 400 ktas only, for 2460 kg burnt per hour, and just 96 pax? unless they are three times cheaper than F100s, avoid them. They are even slower than your BACs!!! TU134 is not an option for the future, either.

To avoid being tempted making stupid long flights(very profitable with single aisle aircraft, not profitable at all with regional jets when fuel prices become punitive), I'd wait for the J928, in your case. First deliveries in 2003, in current GW3. If you cannot wait until then, F100. To toy with long range at your own risks, SSJ if you can wait up to 2010, Ejet if not.

The J928 goes much quicker than the Bac 1-11 (460 vs 409), turns quicker(30 vs 35), is little smaller(95 vs100), drinks far less(1920 vs 2790 per hour, so even better at the speed), and goes further(1850 vs 1490) without going to stupid distances for a plane of that size. Speed is nearly a problem, as you'll have to rethink your schedules to keep them in flight.

Offline Captim

• Members
« Reply #11 on: August 02, 2016, 04:12:25 PM »
Great detail Gazz, that's really useful info for us all living the 90's again!

For my plans that Dornier makes a tempting alternative. From my recollection of a previous GW3 the CRJ family is a real problem until you hit the 1000 model, they broke a very competent players heart as I recall...

The F100 is already priced at nearly $40m for the top of the range model, so inflation adjusted you can see why I am keen to avoid it...

Timing the phase out of the 1-11's is now my main concern, you just never know exactly when the new a/c will come on stream...

WARNING! This website is not compatible with the old version of Internet Explorer you are using.

If you are using the latest version please turn OFF the compatibility mode.