Edit account
» Achievements
» Logout
Game Credits
Credit balance: 0 Cr
Buy credits
» Credit history
» Credits FAQ

Author Topic: Why have I lost LF when moving from A312 to B739ER?  (Read 193 times)

Online LWIEV

• Members
Why have I lost LF when moving from A312 to B739ER?
« on: July 19, 2016, 04:35:44 PM »
I'm puzzled  :-\

For many years I've successfully operated A312 on a 3100NM route (it could use only 150 seats due to range) on a 220 total demand route with competition exceeding demand by 20-30%. CI=100, I had my 150 seats filled up.

When I changed my 21 y o A312 to a brand new B739ER my LF suddenly dropped and I lost approx 50% of traffic.

I had regular F/C/Y seats on both planes and the schedules remained almost unchanged.

Any clues?

Thanks a lot!

Offline schro

• Members

The 2 people who like this post:
Re: Why have I lost LF when moving from A312 to B739ER?
« Reply #1 on: July 19, 2016, 04:42:28 PM »
Are you getting a too small warning?

Are you selling 150 seats with your 739ER? It should not have a seat restriction on a route of that length.

Note that when you add seats to a route yet the number of seats you  have available to sell goes up, then by definition, your load factor will go down. Your load factor is the END result of how many seats sold divided by seats available - focus on seats SOLD and not on the load factor for troubleshooting.

Offline schro

• Members

« Reply #2 on: July 19, 2016, 04:46:07 PM »
Of note, looking at a comparable route to the one you're likely discussing (CYUL-EKCH), I pulled up KEWR-LEMD which has comparable demand and distance. The too small warning is showing for both the 737NGs and A32x planes. This penalty increases over time (i.e. it impacts you more today than it did 5 years ago for a given route). I would suggest dropping one of your A310's on this route....

Online LWIEV

• Members
« Reply #3 on: July 19, 2016, 05:44:16 PM »
Thanks a lot - indeed, I missed the too small warning (was too focused to fix the slots). I wasn't expecting it as the route is well within the range of the plane.

What would you advise me to do? Go back to a larger plane?

Does this mean this can be happening on the 4000nm+ routes with B737ER?
« Last Edit: July 19, 2016, 05:46:28 PM by LWIEV »

Offline schro

• Members

« Reply #4 on: July 19, 2016, 06:04:16 PM »
Thanks a lot - indeed, I missed the too small warning (was too focused to fix the slots). I wasn't expecting it as the route is well within the range of the plane.

What would you advise me to do? Go back to a larger plane?

Does this mean this can be happening on the 4000nm+ routes with B737ER?

The A310 will probably be the best fit for you on that route - you've got to go larger. The 757-200 that your competition is flying is not too small (yet, but may be later in the game).

So, for the 737ER, you can do some forum searching as I've typed this out countless times, but basically the too small warning depends on the total DEMAND of the route, the DISTANCE of the route and the game year.

So, for example, in a given year, you may see the following for a 737ER:

4000nm Route:
125 demand - No warning
200 demand - Warning

Now, 30 hypothetical years before the above example, both might be fine and receive no warning.

WARNING! This website is not compatible with the old version of Internet Explorer you are using.

If you are using the latest version please turn OFF the compatibility mode.