Edit account
» Achievements
» Logout
Game Credits
Credit balance: 0 Cr
Buy credits
» Credit history
» Credits FAQ

Author Topic: Isn't there a rule in AWS that doesn't allow for...  (Read 282 times)

Offline L1011fan

• Members
Isn't there a rule in AWS that doesn't allow for...
« on: July 17, 2016, 09:34:15 PM »
for simultaneous departures to the same destination (I mean 2 Big jets leaving at exactly at the same time on one route with decreasing demand)? I thought we were supposed to leave at least an hour window or so. Is there a policy and if so what is it? I don't do it, but I know some players that are.  :-\ P.S. I can't imagine the LF's being very high if one is doing that.

Offline bdnascar3

• Members
Re: Isn't there a rule in AWS that doesn't allow for...
« Reply #1 on: July 17, 2016, 09:39:15 PM »
There's no policy against it.  however you will not get as many pax as you would by spreading it out. Believe depending on demand you can go as low as one every 15mins. but that is for very high demand routes.

Offline L1011fan

• Members
« Reply #2 on: July 17, 2016, 10:00:13 PM »
I see. Well it's p***ing me off. ;D

Online freshmore

• Members
« Reply #3 on: July 17, 2016, 10:47:21 PM »
Yeah it's dumb some people have departures too close so they loose out. But I'm not going to complain if mine are nicely spaced and theirs aren't, only going to benefit me in the end.

Offline bdnascar3

• Members

The person who likes this post:
« Reply #4 on: July 17, 2016, 11:22:16 PM »
I see. Well it's p***ing me off. ;D

Why?  it only affects them. Let them lose out

Offline schro

• Members

The person who likes this post:
« Reply #5 on: July 17, 2016, 11:38:35 PM »
The nerf only applies if two of your OWN flights leave at the same time and NOT two flights from different airlines.

Offline Matt Elphick

• Members
« Reply #6 on: July 18, 2016, 09:57:48 AM »
Remember though if an airline is doing it you can relatively safely go in and add a route there at a different time because them supplying 300 seats will only get them about 200 seats sold so you can go in and take the other 100.

Offline 11Air

• Members
« Reply #7 on: July 22, 2016, 05:46:41 PM »
My understanding view is that the first aircraft gets most of the waiting passengers (for equal fares). The next gets what's left, the numbers increasing to an average level over an hour or so, more if there are big aircraft involved.
I am not sure how Sami has actually programmed this, I would assume a low level of departing passengers over night, increasing and prepared to pay more, as the morning progresses.  From my own experiences of getting cheaper flights that usually means flying at unsocial hours, and queuing for everything, but that's Ryan Air's model.
FlyBe out of Southampton rarely has queues for it's internal flights, opening at 6am for first flights at 7? and pax numbers being pretty constant through out their working day.

WARNING! This website is not compatible with the old version of Internet Explorer you are using.

If you are using the latest version please turn OFF the compatibility mode.