Edit account
» Achievements
» Logout
Game Credits
Credit balance: 0 Cr
Buy credits
» Credit history
» Credits FAQ

Author Topic: Date Math Rounding  (Read 165 times)

Offline schro

• Members

The person who likes this post:
Date Math Rounding
« on: July 12, 2016, 02:51:52 AM »
So, on Tuesday Jan 15, 2008 in GW3, the following aircraft seems to have disrupted the space-time continuum - http://www.airwaysim.com/game/Aircraft/My/View/29024/

My basic understanding of date math is that 1 year, 12 months should be displayed as 2 years.

Offline splotch

• Members

The person who likes this post:
Re: Date Math Rounding
« Reply #1 on: July 12, 2016, 04:41:07 AM »
It seems awfully presumptuous, when you're leasing a plane from somebody, to tell them how they should measure their time...

Offline JumboShrimp

• Members
« Reply #2 on: July 12, 2016, 02:52:33 PM »
I kind of see how this would work, if the units used are years, months (as opposed to years, months, days).

Offline schro

• Members

The 2 people who like this post:
« Reply #3 on: July 12, 2016, 05:10:36 PM »
It seems awfully presumptuous, when you're leasing a plane from somebody, to tell them how they should measure their time...

Good point, the golden rule may apply here (whoever has the gold makes the rules). It is a shame that my small regional airline can't afford to own its own planes.

Offline kberry

• Members
« Reply #4 on: July 13, 2016, 03:20:44 AM »
Last week I had a B739 showing at 106% technical condition. I figured it was a one-off bug... then I found 2 more showing the same thing. An hour (2 game days) later after all 3 aircraft had their next A check they were all back to normal (98-99%). My point? Excrement happens and IMHO not every bug is worth taking the time to report... If it doesn't affect the financial or operational state of my airline or anyone else's and its not an ongoing issue I'll just leave it alone.

Offline schro

• Members
« Reply #5 on: July 13, 2016, 03:25:33 AM »
Last week I had a B739 showing at 106% technical condition. I figured it was a one-off bug... then I found 2 more showing the same thing. An hour (2 game days) later after all 3 aircraft had their next A check they were all back to normal (98-99%). My point? Excrement happens and IMHO not every bug is worth taking the time to report... If it doesn't affect the financial or operational state of my airline or anyone else's and its not an ongoing issue I'll just leave it alone.

That particular bug has been reported and squashed about a half dozen times already. The thing is, a bug is defined by when software is not operating according to its design. By common sense design, something cannot have a condition greater than 100%, therefore, if it is reported as 106%, the software is not operating as designed/intended.  Sure, in the grand scheme of things, it's not material to the overall operation of your airline (or anyone else's),  however, if there are sloppy things like that throughout the entire game, you would have far less confidence in the software functions that matter the most to the playability of the game.

Offline Sami

• Administrator
  • Members
    • AirwaySim - Are you the next Richard Branson?
« Reply #6 on: July 13, 2016, 11:44:28 AM »
1 year and 360 days is something like 1 year and 11.8 months which rounds to 12 months. But I would suppose adding days (or flooring it to 11 months) would be better

WARNING! This website is not compatible with the old version of Internet Explorer you are using.

If you are using the latest version please turn OFF the compatibility mode.