Edit account
» Achievements
» Logout
Game Credits
Credit balance: 0 Cr
Buy credits
» Credit history
» Credits FAQ

Author Topic: Wishlist: Top 5 new features you would like to see in AWS  (Read 1394 times)

Offline JumboShrimp

• Members

The person who likes this post:
Wishlist: Top 5 new features you would like to see in AWS
« on: July 05, 2016, 05:00:34 PM »
discuss  :)

Offline WiseGuy

• Members
Re: Wishlist: Top 5 new features you would like to see in AWS
« Reply #1 on: July 05, 2016, 10:00:37 PM »
All of the above :D

Online [ATA] Hassel

• Members

The 2 people who like this post:
« Reply #2 on: July 05, 2016, 11:12:35 PM »
Can i add the option of an easier fleet replacement method

Offline JumboShrimp

• Members

« Reply #3 on: July 05, 2016, 11:24:16 PM »
I can add an option to the poll, but it is a bit of a pie in the sky, since I have not really seen a good / workable suggestion as far as implementing this.

Pretty much all of the other items on the list have been discussed in Feature request forums, with some possible suggestions as far as implementation.

Any kind of mass replace of fleet type + assignment to new aircraft is going to throw a bunch of errors along the way, with routes that fail left in the thin air, probably on notification screen, that would just open a can of worms as far as potential ways the system can go around things that will inevitably go wrong...

Offline fark24

• Members
« Reply #4 on: July 06, 2016, 12:21:46 AM »
My top 5:

1. Use empty C/F seats to upgrade pax. It's just too much micromanaging to have each AC seated with optimal F/C/Y seats if it flies to multiple markets.

2. Have Boeing 757s & 767s share commonality like in real life. We already have it for the A330/A340 fleets and the difference in seat counts for the A332 (smallest) vs. A346 (largest) is comparable to the B752 (smallest) vs. B764 (largest).

3. Updated AC types (ex. adding the Embraer E2).

4. Better mechanics for the slot rationing feature. It seems to respond too aggressively at times to minor BKs.

5. Better feedback on AC ranges. For instance, the range of an AC given a custom seating configuration on the order page. It's also difficult at times to assess the impact of short runways because it's also a function of the distance of the route and not just a fixed penalty.

Online [ATA] Hassel

• Members
« Reply #5 on: July 06, 2016, 01:56:05 AM »
Any kind of mass replace of fleet type + assignment to new aircraft is going to throw a bunch of errors along the way, with routes that fail left in the thin air, probably on notification screen, that would just open a can of worms as far as potential ways the system can go around things that will inevitably go wrong...

Agree that this is not an easy solution, but i think it is one of the single most time consuming issue which results in being one of the main reason for people to restart, quit or stop playing the game.

i don't have a solution, but i dare to dream/hope that somewhere down the road, a lot of small ideas can lead to a more simple replacement than what we have today.

for example, a small implementation could be enabling of mass scrapping of planes. This, i would imagine, is a simple change but could help reduce the headache of scrapping a complete fleet. Together with similar small ideas maybe it can reduce the time spent on replacing your fleet overall and result in less of a headache when facing fleet renewal

Offline Sami

• Administrator
  • Members
    • AirwaySim - Are you the next Richard Branson?

The 2 people who like this post:
« Reply #6 on: July 06, 2016, 08:55:53 AM »
i don't have a solution, but i dare to dream/hope that somewhere down the road, a lot of small ideas can lead to a more simple replacement than what we have today.

I've planned that already, on preliminary level, and it would be a simple system that would allow transfer of one plane's schedule to another (from any plane to any other, given that the receiving plane has empty schedule). So basically the same as the current 'move schedule' mode but extended to cover the fleet conversion. And if the routes would generate any errors, the schedule would not be transferred at all (so all or nothing), and the errors would be displayed. But overall it is very complicated..

Offline Helix

• Members

The 4 people who like this post:
« Reply #7 on: July 07, 2016, 09:52:32 AM »
The two features I'm looking forward to the most is city based demand combined with passenger connectivity. This should open up so many different gameplay choices. I hope these things don't take too long anymore as I'm taking a break until then.

Offline Kidder74

• Members

« Reply #8 on: July 11, 2016, 08:42:27 AM »
Maybe it would be useful to have the possibility for a two week schedule for an aircraft. I think it would make sense for long haul routes, exceeding 24 hours. so You can schedule Week one: Monday-Wednesday-Friday-Sunday and Week two: Tuesday, Thursday and Saturday...
Could make it easier to the most out of the aircrafts..

Offline wildavidson

• Members
« Reply #9 on: July 11, 2016, 08:46:26 AM »
Maybe it would be useful to have the possibility for a two week schedule for an aircraft. I think it would make sense for long haul routes, exceeding 24 hours. so You can schedule Week one: Monday-Wednesday-Friday-Sunday and Week two: Tuesday, Thursday and Saturday...
Could make it easier to the most out of the aircrafts..

Or you could just use 7 day scheduling.

Offline Seven

• Members
« Reply #10 on: July 12, 2016, 01:15:28 AM »
Maybe an good idea if you have several flights within a short period that you gett an connectivity bonus,this way can play an hub system.It will effect also the demand more on your airliner outside the CI and RI.

Offline 11Air

• Members
« Reply #11 on: July 22, 2016, 05:28:10 PM »
The two week schedule makes a lot of sense, and I'm sure Sami can add a "copy last weeks schedule" button for those that don't want to use it.

I believe Sami has already considered City based demand, that's sharing London's Demand freely between the available airports. It would need a factor for distance from the City and the quality of the Hub but that's about all.

Upgrades are a frequent flyer perk but should be limited to half of the available seats to avoid the Club Class feeling invaded and migrating to other airlines.

And Cargo.  The trial with parcels and mail seemed to work well, sooner the better because it would help night flight earnings but from the trials it is not a big earner.
Palletised Cargo only suits the bigger aircraft, so limited appeal, but makes intercontinental flights a bit more profitable.  Cargo Only is an viable option for older aircraft if they are not too fuel thirsty.

Offline stevenneoh

• Members
« Reply #12 on: August 10, 2016, 03:16:04 PM »
Codesharing/interlining. That would only be realistic.

Offline gazzz0x2z

• Members
« Reply #13 on: August 11, 2016, 02:34:50 PM »
Codesharing/interlining. That would only be realistic.

Of course, but this makes sense only after correspondance flights have been implemented. And those only make sense after city-based demand has been implemented. Which is currently in the works, if I understood properly.

Offline ratul

• Members
« Reply #14 on: August 14, 2016, 02:06:49 PM »
+1: An arrival departure board for airports :)

Offline yearofthecactus

• Members
« Reply #15 on: August 14, 2016, 08:35:17 PM »
Auto-upgrades would be good.

Offline fark24

• Members

The 5 people who like this post:
« Reply #16 on: August 15, 2016, 01:45:13 AM »
One other wish list item since this thread has been active of late. I'd request a re-balance of the game day lengths.

The longer games start with quick 20 minute/day turns when there is a lot of work to do and a lot of used market activity. But later in the game, the turns go to 35 minutes/day when there is very little work to do so the game just drags on.

I'd suggest 25-30 minute/day turns in the first decade of a long game world and 20-25 minute/day turns in the last decade of a long game world.

Offline 11Air

• Members
« Reply #17 on: August 15, 2016, 08:21:10 AM »
I do like my regional airlines. TurboProp usually, but they have nothing to do overnight.  Postal is what happens in the real world, can we have that part of the future cargo feature NOW.  A simple City based demand based on population would be a great introduction.

Offline JohnGaleazza

• Members

« Reply #18 on: September 14, 2016, 06:16:48 PM »
I'd like an easier route planning/creation tool.  I'd like to be able to view at a glance the passenger demand (and maybe even current supply) for each city when in the route planning window.  Right now I need to click on the route info, wait for the page to load in order to see what the demand and current supply is.  This is extremely tedious and time consuming. 

Maybe even allow demand/supply levels to be a defined within the airport search tool

Offline Springbal

• Members
« Reply #19 on: October 15, 2016, 07:22:25 PM »
connecting flights would be nice
example:
I have a base in Brussels, Dusseldorf and Frankfurt
Brussels - New York has a daily pax of 100 (to low to lauch an airplane for that distance)
Düsseldorf - New York has a daily pax of 70 (same problem as Brussels)
Frankfurt - New York has a daily pax of 110 (you get the point)
if I have a flight Brussels - Düsseldorf and Brussels - Frankfurt wouldn't it be nice if the passangers from the other airports could jump on a plane to New York.

Adapting passangers would also be nice
Example
Brussels - Kinshassa has a daily pax of 120, you don't launch an airplane for 3300miles with 120 passangers, do you? So perhaps If I take an A330-300 with a capacity of 280 I could fly every two or three days so the passangers can choose

WARNING! This website is not compatible with the old version of Internet Explorer you are using.

If you are using the latest version please turn OFF the compatibility mode.