Edit account
» Achievements
» Logout
Game Credits
Credit balance: 0 Cr
Buy credits
» Credit history
» Credits FAQ

Author Topic: Why do New Jet Aircraft, not meet runway requirements Asia Australia, Europe???  (Read 858 times)

Offline DutchBlond

• Members
Hi.

I ordered DC8 51-53's finding that they would not be allowed to be scheduled between even major cities!
Pairing cities with 12,000ft and a DC8 needing under 9000, with a low de luxe seating arrangement, they are refused to be scheduled.
Same with B707 120 / 320c Aircraft.

This despite some reaching a 4,700 miles + capability.
Eg MEB-HND. or via CMB to LHR?

Seems to be a systemic problem, and two types of modern Aircraft cannot be used as a result!

Any analysis pls?
Thanks
Outback Airlines

Offline knobbygb

• Members
But the longest runway at MEB is only 6302ft

Offline TheLostNZ

• Members
that is melbourne essendon not new melbourne, new melbourne would be long enough, the older one wasnt

Offline knobbygb

• Members
Of course, but it's still 1967 in this game world and the op is specifically asking about MEB, not MEL which doesn't open until 1970.

Offline Kaskoblue

• Members
Does anybody understand why airport NSFA / APW (Samoa) does not allow very large (DC8) aircraft? Runway is 2987m x 45 and handling fee for DC8-62 is published.

Offline freshmore

• Members

The person who likes this post:
I think size class of the airport being (2) Small means you can't operate the size class of aircraft the DC8 comes under. I think that would be your problem.

Offline Kaskoblue

• Members
Thanks for the comment!! Yes, the problem clearly is that the airport is classified as small, even if the runway is long enough for very largec(DC8) type aircraft. And why publish handling fees for DC8-62 if it is not allowed?

Offline schro

• Members
I think size class of the airport being (2) Small means you can't operate the size class of aircraft the DC8 comes under. I think that would be your problem.

Ding ding.

Offline freshmore

• Members
I think, it's published because judging by my routes to South America. The airport size doesn't matter for fuel stops, but of course you would still get charged a landing fee for that.

Offline 11Air

• Members
If your base is too small for the type that will also affect what aircraft can be served.

WARNING! This website is not compatible with the old version of Internet Explorer you are using.

If you are using the latest version please turn OFF the compatibility mode.