Edit account
» Achievements
» Logout
Game Credits
Credit balance: 0 Cr
Buy credits
» Credit history
» Credits FAQ

Author Topic: [-] Airline image does not increase.  (Read 497 times)

Offline mclovin

• Members
[-] Airline image does not increase.
« on: June 12, 2016, 08:03:17 PM »
Hello.
I am playing at Game Word 4, airline: Sparta Air, a 58 days old airline.
From the creation of my airline i started a general marketing campaign at the airline country in all media available except television. However, company image did not increase. After some days i also started a relative general campaign at whole world at radio and internet. Both campaigns permanent. But still, no results at company image, which is stuck at level 20 since the start of the airline. Am i losing money for nothing from those marketing campaigns or i miss something ?
Thanks in advance for your response.
« Last Edit: June 12, 2016, 08:30:20 PM by Sami »

Online Sami

• Administrator
  • Members
    • AirwaySim - Are you the next Richard Branson?
Re: Airline image does not increase.
« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2016, 08:30:05 PM »
Not a bug; depending on the starting level of the image, I will take some time before you can reach higher levels.

Offline mclovin

• Members
Re: [-] Airline image does not increase.
« Reply #2 on: June 12, 2016, 08:56:02 PM »
Thanks for your response.
Having a variable perfectly stable (company image) in a continuously evolving environment (marketing, aircraft aging, delays and so on) for such a long period of time does not sound 'realistic'.

Offline JumboShrimp

• Members

The person who likes this post:
« Reply #3 on: June 12, 2016, 10:02:00 PM »
The way I understand it is that when you start, CI starts at certain level that is boosted above of what it normally should be (based on support of CI by marketing).  I guess to give a slightly easier start to new airlines.

This initial boost of CI stays for a while, or until the level supported by your general marketing exceeds it.  When the CI level supported by your marketing does finally exceed this floor, you will see it rising.

Just out of curiosity: what is your CI right now, which general marketing campaigns are you running (and which components) and how long have you been running it?

Offline mclovin

• Members
« Reply #4 on: June 13, 2016, 08:37:04 PM »
I already gave my airline and marketing information at my initial post.
I will agree with the initial company image boost you said. And i guess it is fixed at level 20. However, it is not linked with any marketing campaigns or it seems like that.
I previously operated an airline where i had no marketing campaigns since it's start and for a long period of time, probably months. The company image was at level 20, stable. Than i decided to start a marketing campaign and company image started to rise.
My guess is that company image starts at a fixed level (20) and stays there whatever campaign you have, until a fixed period of time since the creation of the airline. Than, should you have a marketing campaign it rises. But it does not fall.

Offline mclovin

• Members
« Reply #5 on: June 13, 2016, 08:40:15 PM »
From a developer point of view, it seems like a hard coded configuration for easy level game words, if i may add. Has anyone actually got a negative airline image ?

Offline ZombieSlayer

• Members
« Reply #6 on: June 13, 2016, 08:42:02 PM »
CI can go as low as -100. Generally airlines with a negative CI are poor and miss maintenance checks, can't pay for advertising, or have staff strikes.
Co-Founder Elite Worldwide Alliance
CEO PacAir
Designated "Tier 1 Opponent"

Offline JumboShrimp

• Members
« Reply #7 on: June 14, 2016, 02:32:10 AM »
I already gave my airline and marketing information at my initial post.

Sorry missed that.  That level of spending will probably take you to about CI of 40

I will agree with the initial company image boost you said. And i guess it is fixed at level 20. However, it is not linked with any marketing campaigns or it seems like that.

Yeah, it seems it acts as a temporary, artificial floor, to help out starting airlines.

Just imagine your real (not artificial) CI starting at 0.  It would grow slowly, over time getting to 20 and then exceeding it to go higher.

I previously operated an airline where i had no marketing campaigns since it's start and for a long period of time, probably months. The company image was at level 20, stable. Than i decided to start a marketing campaign and company image started to rise.
My guess is that company image starts at a fixed level (20) and stays there whatever campaign you have, until a fixed period of time since the creation of the airline. Than, should you have a marketing campaign it rises. But it does not fall.

You can definitely exceed it.

I don't remember now if there is a difference between starting the game world on day 1 or later, when game is already in progress.  When you start late, the system awards you some boosts in some categories (RI on first routes, some passenger level expenses are reduced).  CI boost may be part of the package.

I seem to recall that when you start on day 1, CI starts at 5, and you exceed (when marketing is in effect) that level fairly quickly, and you see the rising CI.

WARNING! This website is not compatible with the old version of Internet Explorer you are using.

If you are using the latest version please turn OFF the compatibility mode.