Edit account
» Achievements
» Logout
Game Credits
Credit balance: 0 Cr
Buy credits
» Credit history
» Credits FAQ

Author Topic: Unrealistic condition in Indonesia??  (Read 339 times)

Offline abchtp

• Members
Unrealistic condition in Indonesia??
« on: May 27, 2016, 08:56:43 PM »
Hi Sami and everyone!

I've been away for several years and have just recently re-join the game and I must say there's been some nice improvement in the game.

However, i was quite disappointed when i noticed that the issues with the condition in Indonesia has yet to be fixed. For example:
1. Some airport operation time is ridiculously wrong. SOC, DJB, DJJ and many other do have early morning flights, but why do the game said that they were open at 11/12 AM? I've been on a flight to/from this airport and this makes me wonder, what is your source on this? Even in reality UPG are kinda like DXB, with thousand of people connecting from Western Indonesia to Eastern Indonesia between 12-4 AM.
2. How do you calculate the demand in this game? There is very little demand in this country, even domestically (there's no way that CGK-SUB only have ~550 daily pax). I also opens a new base in DPS and I was shocked that most demands are (seriously?) below 100!!
3. Why people won't fly Intercontinental flights that departs after 23.55? 

Offline MenyBethTerry

• Members
Re: Unrealistic condition in Indonesia??
« Reply #1 on: May 28, 2016, 10:18:09 AM »
I thnik sami doesn't have up-to-date data of Southeast Asia airport. Look at the demand of Bangkok - Don Meaung in 2015 it have 30,304,183 passengers but in last GW3 there are about 300,000.  :-\

Offline Sami

• Administrator
  • Members
    • AirwaySim - Are you the next Richard Branson?
« Reply #2 on: May 28, 2016, 07:04:18 PM »
#1) For any clear errors please file a bug report (with data to a reliable source with correct info)

#2) The pax figures on airport demands are calculated based on the parameters of the airports, and the aim is NOT to try to mimic each real-world route to their exact actual pax figures. That would be impossible and we're not looking for city-pair data/stats.
(New City Based Demand system is in the works and will be used for cargo at the first step, later for pax figures.)

Offline abchtp

• Members
« Reply #3 on: May 29, 2016, 01:38:15 PM »
Hi Sami!

Well, i found this It's the website of Indonesian DGCA and it's pretty much represent the actual condition, although some still doesn't feel quite right. Could you combine the data from the DGCA with schedules from Flightstats? It would be much more realistic if you could.

WARNING! This website is not compatible with the old version of Internet Explorer you are using.

If you are using the latest version please turn OFF the compatibility mode.