Edit account
» Achievements
» Logout
Game Credits
Credit balance: 0 Cr
Buy credits
» Credit history
» Credits FAQ

Author Topic: temporary slot acquisition  (Read 500 times)

Offline ljesnjak

• Members
temporary slot acquisition
« on: May 26, 2016, 09:35:58 PM »
While I was trying to open new route I got message like: "exceeded the temporary slot acquisition quota for this airport."

What does that mean? All my routs with slots are active and I'm flying them. I have only 4 routs with no slots because I was waiting for slots to become available and now I can't buy em???

« Last Edit: May 26, 2016, 09:40:45 PM by ljesnjak »
CEO
Marko Orehovec

Offline JumboShrimp

• Members
Re: temporary slot acquisition
« Reply #1 on: May 26, 2016, 09:41:16 PM »
Those slot limits are in effect in slot constrained airports.  FRA is I guess one of them.  It means you can acquire only certain number of slots within a short time period.

You just have to wait a while, and the quota will disappear.

Offline ljesnjak

• Members
« Reply #2 on: May 26, 2016, 09:44:23 PM »
And how is that competitive? Tbh it's not cool, I mean this is game and I can't opet new route? PS I did not opet a lot of new routes recently because there were no slots and now when they are available I can't take them? It's like game is punishing me???
CEO
Marko Orehovec

Offline JumboShrimp

• Members
« Reply #3 on: May 26, 2016, 10:16:55 PM »
You may want to check with the ZombieSlayer, he knows all the details.  It may be also when some slots free up at the airport (or maybe a new slot release).
« Last Edit: May 26, 2016, 10:21:03 PM by JumboShrimp »

Offline ljesnjak

• Members
« Reply #4 on: May 26, 2016, 10:31:48 PM »
It's working now, but still I would like if someone can explain what was I doing wrong? If I'm limited with number of acf that I can order why is there and slot limitation? It's my thing if I'm willing to order more aircraft and pay them to just w8 for slots to open, isn't it?
CEO
Marko Orehovec

Online ZombieSlayer

• Members
« Reply #5 on: May 26, 2016, 10:44:11 PM »
It is a constant source of frustration on my end. Basically, if there are 30% of slots between 0600-2100 available and an airline with as few as 35 slots at your airport declares bankruptcy, you are limited to the number of new slots you can purchase at that airport for a period of 14 days. The low end of the limit is 35 slots every 5 game days, or 5 daily flights. There will be a message on the airport slot page telling you how many slots you can purchase every 5 days until the quota is over.
Co-Founder Elite Worldwide Alliance
CEO PacAir
Designated "Tier 1 Opponent"

Offline davtwo

• Members
« Reply #6 on: June 07, 2016, 05:20:32 AM »
This is incredibly frustrating...watching the slots disappear makes this very unfun.
« Last Edit: June 07, 2016, 05:47:06 AM by davtwo »

Online schlaf

• Members

The person who likes this post:
« Reply #7 on: June 07, 2016, 09:14:59 AM »
In the long run this is a good thing for small airlines, as its stops the big guys from going in and take every single slot with spared aircraft.

But I personally dont like it either...

Offline Kadachiman

• Members
« Reply #8 on: June 08, 2016, 04:54:56 AM »
Basically the rule was introduced because some guys were advising mates when they would go bankrupt so that they could then log on at that time and grab all of the recently released slots.

So it one of those rules that has to be put inplace to make the game fair for all....as are many 'rules' in this game

Sami is damned if he leaves it as it was and damned if he puts in 'measures' to make it more 'even'

WARNING! This website is not compatible with the old version of Internet Explorer you are using.

If you are using the latest version please turn OFF the compatibility mode.