Edit account
» Achievements
» Logout
Game Credits
Credit balance: 0 Cr
Buy credits
» Credit history
» Credits FAQ

Author Topic: Stuck in Malta  (Read 328 times)

Online Lambert_M

• Members
Stuck in Malta
« on: May 19, 2016, 06:50:11 AM »
So I am based in Malta, and since Malta is an EU country I thought I would be able to open bases in other EU countries. But I am restricted to Malta only (and there is only one airport). Any ideas why?

Offline gazzz0x2z

• Members
Re: Stuck in Malta
« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2016, 07:58:15 AM »
Because Malta enters the EU in 2005(May, IIRC). Then you can.

In the meantime, you can either stockpile owned planes for a quickstart in 2005 elsewhere, or play the plane broker game.

EDIT : or replace your leased planes by owned planes, to improve your margin. If some of your leases come to an end soon, it would be a wise use of your cash. Or prepare a fleet replacement, MD80 will get outdated sooner or later, and you won't keep them until the end of the game(you are not in a hurry either). You have plenty of possible directions to improve your company before 2005.
« Last Edit: May 19, 2016, 08:11:04 AM by gazzz0x2z »

Online Lambert_M

• Members
« Reply #2 on: May 20, 2016, 07:56:35 AM »
Thanks for the tips gazzz0x2z

I do have a plan on how to make my airline more solid :-)

Offline L1011fan

• Members
« Reply #3 on: May 23, 2016, 04:44:11 AM »
Actually, according to game rules, you can only open bases at your own country.

Offline gazzz0x2z

• Members
« Reply #4 on: May 23, 2016, 07:30:32 AM »
Actually, according to game rules, you can only open bases at your own country.

No, EU is an exception(as stated per the rules either) from year 1996 or so, and Malta enters the EU around 2005, IIRC(not that I care this time, with my short-to-medium-range fleet from the USA.....).

In previous GW3, I had 10 bases in 9 different European countries - including Warsaw, starting from Edinburgh. But I reached Warsaw in 2013 or something like that, so long after Poland  entered the EU. Moving to Warsaw was a mistake, because I was already nearing the 600 planes outside HQ limit, and it was therefore a too big base for me. But having a company holding 60% of the market BKing just when I was looking for a new base was too tempting...

WARNING! This website is not compatible with the old version of Internet Explorer you are using.

If you are using the latest version please turn OFF the compatibility mode.