Marketing Question

Started by Viscount Bailey, May 03, 2016, 10:40:20 PM

Viscount Bailey

Hi, I'm still quite new...finding my feet...find it tough to make much money at first but slowly getting there.  My question is about "Route Advertising"

Is there any point whatsoever in continuing to place "Specific Route" advertising, once a route has reached 100% Route Image.... or is that just then wasting money?

Thanks
Viscount B

Sami

No; when RI 100% is reached it stays there if you continuously fly on the route. If you stop the service then the RI level will slowly start to go down. Route marketing will help you to gain the higher RI values more quickly (leading to higher sales when a new destination is opened).

Viscount Bailey

Aha, thanks Sami... so what you're saying is I should continue to advertise Specific Routes even though they are now RI100%... and that will help boost any other new route I start ?

schro

Quote from: Viscount Bailey on May 03, 2016, 10:47:06 PM
Aha, thanks Sami... so what you're saying is I should continue to advertise Specific Routes even though they are now RI100%... and that will help boost any other new route I start ?

No. He's saying don't spend route marketing where RI=100. Spend it where it is low and you want to increase it faster than it would if you only flew it.

Andre090904

Quote from: Viscount Bailey on May 03, 2016, 10:47:06 PM

Just to add some info to what Schro already said: If you don't use marketing for specific routes, the route image will reach 100 sooner or later on its own. Shouldn't take longer than a game year or so (never really observed it).

gazzz0x2z

Quote from: Andre090904 on May 04, 2016, 02:17:21 AM
Just to add some info to what Schro already said: If you don't use marketing for specific routes, the route image will reach 100 sooner or later on its own. Shouldn't take longer than a game year or so (never really observed it).

My observations is that it's little longer than one year. So, once you're somewhat big, it's worth only on very big routes.

Viscount Bailey

josh99

And route marketing on routes that already have a RI of 100% wont increase passengers, it'l just waste money.