Edit account
» Achievements
» Logout
Game Credits
Credit balance: 0 Cr
Buy credits
» Credit history
» Credits FAQ

Author Topic: Demand growth clarification  (Read 266 times)

Offline Frogiton

• Members
Demand growth clarification
« on: April 11, 2016, 08:30:17 PM »
Hello. In GW3 currently (1997), Asian markets minus Japan and S.Korea have a relatively small demand compared to their current day demand IRL which makes sense because those markets primarily developed over the 2000's. My question is, in the current model of AWS, does demand grow relative to real life?

For example, will Istanbul go from the 45th biggest airport to the 11th biggest over time (as it is currently), or will all markets grow at the same rate and Istanbul will remain 45th for the entirety?

Page 12 of the "City based demand" thread seems to cover this but I'm not sure if it's in effect right now or it will be rolling out with city-based demand.
« Last Edit: April 12, 2016, 02:00:19 AM by Frogiton »
No replacement for displacement

Offline Sami

• Administrator
  • Members
    • AirwaySim - Are you the next Richard Branson?
Re: Demand growth clarification
« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2016, 07:07:08 PM »
In the current airport based demand model, each airport has a dedicated set of source values. These are unchanged, and the changes in passenger demand happen in global scale.

So if airport A has 5000 passengers and B has 10000 passengers in 1990, then you could expect A to have 10000 and B 20000 in year 2000... Or something around those lines. However properties of individual routes may change and the change in demand is not always so liner / obvious.

The new city based demand model (first for cargo only) will change this completely.

Offline Frogiton

• Members
Re: Demand growth clarification
« Reply #2 on: April 12, 2016, 09:53:33 PM »
Okiedoke. Thanks.
No replacement for displacement

WARNING! This website is not compatible with the old version of Internet Explorer you are using.

If you are using the latest version please turn OFF the compatibility mode.