Edit account
» Achievements
» Logout
Game Credits
Credit balance: 0 Cr
Buy credits
» Credit history
» Credits FAQ

Author Topic: Ancient Planes Fly On?  (Read 365 times)

Offline 11Air

• Members
Ancient Planes Fly On?
« on: April 07, 2016, 09:55:23 PM »
For Continental Routes the Cargo doesn't worry too much about hours in the air so for an 1960 start-up those Propeller Airliners will be able to fly on and on and on in cargo mode with mainly night flights until the manufacturer no longer provides Noise Upgrades.
Looking forward to the real game, hoping the bigger players just get swamped by the workload and leaving me in my corner making profits where they don't have time to look.
This trial game has been worth a try, in spite of the 5 Cr cost which has put many off, but without the 400 players it's not actually much of a test of the player.

Offline Andre090904

• Members

The person who likes this post:
Re: Ancient Planes Fly On?
« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2016, 11:59:24 PM »
Is it that much difficult for passengers? I keep on using the Vickers Viscount until the 90's I believe.  ;D

In theory you are right of course. Would be interesting to see in an "actual competition".

Offline Andre

• Members

The 2 people who like this post:
Re: Ancient Planes Fly On?
« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2016, 04:04:00 PM »
If only Airwaysim worked like in the real world. But it doesn't. Here you have 35 years maximum age for a plane, and it's usually unprofitable with regards to maintenance before that. Airwaysim also calculates maintenance purely on age, while in the real world it's a mix of cycles (landings), flight hours, and to a certain degree, age.

So in the real world, you can fly a 40 year old aircraft when it's needed, you only pay for the maintenance depending on how much you use the plane. But here, you pay for it regardless. Which is ridiculus.

WARNING! This website is not compatible with the old version of Internet Explorer you are using.

If you are using the latest version please turn OFF the compatibility mode.