Edit account
» Achievements
» Logout
Game Credits
Credit balance: 0 Cr
Buy credits
» Credit history
» Credits FAQ

Author Topic: To many routes not assigned Error!  (Read 261 times)

Offline [ATA] Hassel

• Members
To many routes not assigned Error!
« on: April 06, 2016, 03:28:22 PM »
Writing here since the feature forum is closed and the post i found about this subject has been archived and can't reply to it.

I'm experince the exact same problem as posted below from 2013. In this post Sami gave it the feature request an 'OK', but today i am still seeing this exact error when using only already owned slots.

Secondly i would also like to mention that it is very frustating that once the error occures, your cant reload the route page once you have scheduled the previous routes. 

I've quoted the post from 2013 below for reference

I'm closing down routes to get slots, then creating a 7-day schedule. So I haven't purchased a single slot in my HQ, and I still have 35 slots that I already own and are unflown. Yet I've just triggered the warning about creating too many routes. It's a PITA, because I have to put half the schedules in, guess when the maintenance is, then go and create all the others. I also have to wait for the day to change, as I'm not able to assign all the routes and then hire staff in the short time available.

Fair enough if the warning triggers when using newly-purchased slots (though it seems over-zealous there, too) but it really shouldn't trigger if the created routes use already own & flown slots.

*edit*And refreshing the page after assigning half the schedule loses the tech-stops, just to annoy me some more.  :laugh: */edit*
Last Edit: 15 October 2013, 09:02:38 by sami

Offline schro

• Members
Re: To many routes not assigned Error!
« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2016, 05:32:16 PM »
Welcome to playing in LHR. All free slots count towards that limit, so, basically, don't have more than 28 or 35 slots owned and not scheduled and you'll avoid the problem. If you're doing route transfers, do them one at a time and build out the schedule that way. If you're just hanging onto 35 other slots for the fun of it and this pushes you over, then you're likely slot hogging anyway....

Offline Pukeko

• Members
« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2016, 06:45:28 PM »
Yes I had exactly the same thing at Heathrow. And as Schro said, I figured out the work-around eventually.

Offline [ATA] Hassel

• Members
« Reply #3 on: April 07, 2016, 01:00:03 AM »
Welcome to playing in LHR. All free slots count towards that limit, so, basically, don't have more than 28 or 35 slots owned and not scheduled and you'll avoid the problem. If you're doing route transfers, do them one at a time and build out the schedule that way. If you're just hanging onto 35 other slots for the fun of it and this pushes you over, then you're likely slot hogging anyway....

I would consider myself a quick learner and will get around working with only with 28-35 slots at the time when re-organizing my schedules. 

but wasn't the idea of this 'error' to prevent people grabbing to many (new) slots to quickly, without being able to assign them to AC? if i already own all my slots, i don't see this 'error' being of any value to anyone??? 

it would also seem that sami already acknowledge this early threat with an "OK" in the future request before it ended up in the archives??

Offline schro

• Members

The person who likes this post:
« Reply #4 on: April 07, 2016, 12:18:52 PM »
I would consider myself a quick learner and will get around working with only with 28-35 slots at the time when re-organizing my schedules. 

but wasn't the idea of this 'error' to prevent people grabbing to many (new) slots to quickly, without being able to assign them to AC? if i already own all my slots, i don't see this 'error' being of any value to anyone??? 

it would also seem that sami already acknowledge this early threat with an "OK" in the future request before it ended up in the archives??

Without a link to that request, it's really hard to assume what was in it....

When the constraints were put in, they were poorly planned, poorly executed and not tested. I remember filling a number of bug reports about the implementation and it took a while before the game play implementation meet its intentions.

The intention is not to block the initial scooping up of slots, but to try to put a guideline around slot hogging in general. One premise is that if you do not have an adequate number of planes to fly the slots you have acquired, it is a potential sign of hogging/abuse.

When playing in lhr, there is a significant incentive to grab as many slots as possible and do everything you can to hold on to them. If the restriction is nuanced not to consider slots you already own, that will allow you to drop routes and rotate them across a pool of aircraft that is not big enough to actually fly the entire schedule, thus, allowing you to control more slots than you can actually use for your given flight, which is a violation of game rules....

Offline [ATA] Hassel

• Members
« Reply #5 on: April 07, 2016, 03:46:10 PM »
After some time i found the post again, hereby link to the archived post

http://www.airwaysim.com/forum/index.php/topic,48689.msg271394.html#msg271394

Offline schro

• Members
« Reply #6 on: April 07, 2016, 03:58:12 PM »
After some time i found the post again, hereby link to the archived post

http://www.airwaysim.com/forum/index.php/topic,48689.msg271394.html#msg271394

Ok. I thought there would be more to that bug report. My assumption from reading that is he somehow hit a corner case where it was difficult for him to sort things out after having too many unassigned slots due to the poorly implemented/tested restriction. That was about the time where this "feature" was added to the game and it was quite a pain for me as I had a pair of LHR airlines running at that time.

Ultimately, if this is changed at all, it would create a loophole to allow a user to keep a number of slots valid by rotating them on planes without having the underlying planes to use them. I'm not sure there's a better way to have a technical boundary on this game rule without having a human moderate how it is being used....

WARNING! This website is not compatible with the old version of Internet Explorer you are using.

If you are using the latest version please turn OFF the compatibility mode.