Edit account
» Achievements
» Logout
Game Credits
Credit balance: 0 Cr
Buy credits
» Credit history
» Credits FAQ

Author Topic: Adjust cargo capacity per route  (Read 253 times)

Offline NovemberCharlie

• Members
Adjust cargo capacity per route
« on: April 05, 2016, 08:42:15 AM »
Hi all,

Might I suggest a global percentage setting per route akin to price management.
Currently I am flying out of HND and want to maximize cargo usage, so I set each flight to the optimum amount of cargo.
However as I add frequencies, the percentage changes (I want standard cargo always to be filled up as this is the most profitable) and I need to rework all routes with a new percentage... Since this is Japan and I fly MD82s this means I have to edit some 10 routes + each time I add a frequency...

I would like to be able to reset the percentage standard/light per route pair... Would save a lot of meaningless time for me.

Thanks

Offline 11Air

• Members
Re: Adjust cargo capacity per route
« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2016, 12:16:05 PM »
Certainly adjusting the cargo mix for the aircraft, rather than the route, would work as well as the Pax system does.  On smaller aircraft, which I'm looking at, there can be 6 routes per aircraft.  That can get pretty labour intensive when trying to work out which cargo is best the carry.
Otherwise it's all working fairly well.  I hope the No Seat (Cargo Pallets) option will follow with the full release.  Or maybe it's in the bigger modern aircraft where this is a regular changeover.  A time penalty for stripping seat pallets to replace with Cargo Deck Pallet? which I understand is what they do, using the cargo door (not on all aircraft) to make the change over quicker.
« Last Edit: April 05, 2016, 12:43:18 PM by 11Air »

Offline knobbygb

• Members

The person who likes this post:
Re: Adjust cargo capacity per route
« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2016, 06:34:12 AM »
I agree - maybe there should be another "global" setting - probably in the aircraft setting page, giving the default cargo type mix for each kind of aircraft.  Already for most of my routes I am selecting 65/35 or 70/30 rather than the default 60/40.  One issue I can think of with that is - it would be fine for now while cargo demand is linked to pax demand but in future, I imagine a default setting to be of little use as (hopefully) each route will vary more dramatically - some will have mostly heavy or medium, some only light, for example.

Also, can I note here that there is a minor bug with the cargo-mix slider - it's probably not even worth opening a bug report.  The percentage numbers at each end of the slider don't update properly until you let go of the mouse button. So, If you move the slider to, for example, 80/20 and then let go, the figures change to 85/15 and you have to move it again. So you have to anticipate what the values will be rather than looking at the numbers.  Sorry if that isn't very clear - try it and you'll see what I mean.

WARNING! This website is not compatible with the old version of Internet Explorer you are using.

If you are using the latest version please turn OFF the compatibility mode.