Edit account
» Achievements
» Logout
Game Credits
Credit balance: 0 Cr
Buy credits
» Credit history
» Credits FAQ

Author Topic: Looking to start long haul operations from Europe  (Read 458 times)

Offline Louis

• Members
Looking to start long haul operations from Europe
« on: April 04, 2016, 02:00:17 AM »
Hi I'm looking to start long haul operations from somewhere in Europe. Any suggestions of a port not yet saturated?

Offline AUpilot77

• Members

The person who likes this post:
Re: Looking to start long haul operations from Europe
« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2016, 03:58:32 AM »
Haven't taken a look, but honestly if there are any airports that would be a good spot, I'm guessing it would be filled very quickly.  At this point in the game it'll be hard to find an opening.  That said, use the feature when you start your airline to select a base from Europe that will fly long-haul.  It'll give you some suggestions.

Offline 11Air

• Members

« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2016, 04:03:22 PM »
I would suggest you go for European range aircraft first, get maybe four of those earning before you take on a longer range aircraft as the only routes really are to US North-East Coast at around 3000nm or the far end of the Med at around 2000nm. B73x make a good starter plane but your unlikely to find rich routes late in the game.

Offline Teadaze

• Members

« Reply #3 on: April 19, 2016, 11:37:54 PM »
getting a proper long haul aircraft might be a challenge at this point of the game, i suggest start off with short/medium haul and when you see an opportunity then add a long haul fleet.

Offline 11Air

• Members
« Reply #4 on: April 26, 2016, 02:31:45 PM »
I recently added a jumbo to my DC9 fleet as Pax demand was there, and no competition on the route.  Big mistake, 30% LF and burning money faster than it came out of the exhausts, B747 now in mothballs.  I really feel the need to sack some of my advisors after a debacle like this.

Offline schro

• Members

« Reply #5 on: April 26, 2016, 02:35:42 PM »
I recently added a jumbo to my DC9 fleet as Pax demand was there, and no competition on the route.  Big mistake, 30% LF and burning money faster than it came out of the exhausts, B747 now in mothballs.  I really feel the need to sack some of my advisors after a debacle like this.

Well, when RI is at zero, then you will only sell tickets equal to about 30% of the route's demand. It can take over a game year to get RI up to 100. For the first few months, you will always lose money on a new long haul route where your supply is meeting demand until RI increases....

Online gazzz0x2z

• Members

« Reply #6 on: April 26, 2016, 07:11:09 PM »
Well, when RI is at zero, then you will only sell tickets equal to about 30% of the route's demand. It can take over a game year to get RI up to 100. For the first few months, you will always lose money on a new long haul route where your supply is meeting demand until RI increases....

Which is why it is unadvised to begin by long haul operations. Short haul reaps nearly immediate rewards, and helps buying an income base strong enough to support the tough beginnings in long haul.

WARNING! This website is not compatible with the old version of Internet Explorer you are using.

If you are using the latest version please turn OFF the compatibility mode.