Edit account
» Achievements
» Logout
Game Credits
Credit balance: 0 Cr
Buy credits
» Credit history
» Credits FAQ

Author Topic: Adjusting seating configuration to fit more cargo  (Read 553 times)

Offline Harrit

• Members

The person who likes this post:
Adjusting seating configuration to fit more cargo
« on: April 02, 2016, 05:34:03 PM »
It seems like you can't select cargo only configurations with planes?  Is this as designed?  I noticed when searching for used and new aircraft, you can search for cargo only, but there are no results in new or used.

Offline Maarten Otto

• Members
    • My photo site
Re: Adjusting seating configuration to fit more cargo
« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2016, 08:11:07 AM »
Cargo only planes are not implemented in this BETA TEST. It is a test environment in here... Hence why I run an EMB120 out of Gatwick... Just to test the system. I have a flight during the night with PAX full.... Who doesn't want to fly cross country for just $29

Offline Sami

• Administrator
  • Members
    • AirwaySim - Are you the next Richard Branson?
« Reply #2 on: April 04, 2016, 03:24:23 PM »
You can block seats from route editor to increase cargo space .. (and it works now too, had a bug that prevented it from functioning fully)

Offline RobboPenguin

• Members
« Reply #3 on: April 04, 2016, 08:56:04 PM »
You can block seats from route editor to increase cargo space .. (and it works now too, had a bug that prevented it from functioning fully)

Thanks for the tip, I can confirm this works

Offline 11Air

• Members
« Reply #4 on: April 05, 2016, 12:17:39 PM »
Off to try that now it's fixed.  Good move allowing night Cargo Flights.  Edit: These night flights are usually Mail and package distribution in the UK.  It's becomes quicker than a truck from London to Manchester and further, and for mail and packages London Scotland works too.
Top Gear did a race from the Scilly Isles to one of the top of Scotland v First Class Post (a one day delivery).  That turned out to be mainly air mail with legs from Bristol to London to Birmingham to Newcastle to Edinburgh to Inverness to the Island.
Those Night Mail Aircraft must be kept pretty busy to be worthwhile staffing for the night so I presume most are covering circular routes to three or four airports.  For the sake of 'our' game then 'light cargo demand' needs to reflect this to some extent, it's quite different to the Pax time demand cycle.  I suspect the other cargo's are a 24hr steady demand with the customer meeting whatever aircraft is available with whatever load they have.
What will be most difficult to manage is what proportion of each cargo that is not carried that day will carry over to the next day.
Does the Demand start at zero and increase steadily, with a similar, but smaller reduction in the total demand so potential demand levels out at a high level until a service starts which reduces it somewhat, with highs and low demands developing during the day.  Just some of the Issues that Sami is trying to cope with.
« Last Edit: April 09, 2016, 10:45:34 AM by 11Air »

Offline 11Air

• Members
« Reply #5 on: April 13, 2016, 12:31:17 PM »
Yes, that's all working well.  See my other post on what to make decisions on, ie Display Earnings per flight for each type of load carried.

Offline 11Air

• Members
« Reply #6 on: April 14, 2016, 07:13:43 PM »
There is still the issue of 0 Seats, or fewer seats, in aircraft configuration.  At the moment this does not allow 'cargo' to be carried in a (screened off area) of the Cabin.  Work around is to Limit Pax load but there is a limit, around 50%, that can be Blocked to allow cargo (mail bags).
It will be interesting to see how this works in a full game, perhaps using old or poor quality aircraft (ie Cheap).  Perhaps one of the Beginners World games?
« Last Edit: April 16, 2016, 11:26:03 AM by 11Air »

WARNING! This website is not compatible with the old version of Internet Explorer you are using.

If you are using the latest version please turn OFF the compatibility mode.