Edit account
» Achievements
» Logout
Game Credits
Credit balance: 0 Cr
Buy credits
» Credit history
» Credits FAQ

Author Topic: [ok] Error in available cargo space when manually blocking seats  (Read 144 times)

Offline knobbygb

• Members
Game World:  Lets play cargo
Airline:           Air Paros
Route:            GB 025/026  BRU-KWI

There seems to be a problem in how the game calculates available cargo space when I am blocking off seats.  The aircraft flying this route is a 737-400 with a capacity of 162. I have been gradually blocking seats to increase the available cargo space. This works perfectly well down to 155 seats (the cargo space available gradually increases) but if I block the route to 154 seats or fewer, there is drastically less cargo capacity available.

The screen shots are the same route operated with the same aircraft - no other changes.

The route seems to somehow revert to light cargo only. I thought maybe there is a rule which limits aircraft with fewer than 155 seats to light cargo only but it seems this blocking strategy works fine on all my other routes. This happens to be my longest route so I wonder if that is a factor.

EDIT:   I also just discovered that this inconsistency only occurs with the cargo-balance slider set to 70% light/30% standard. With all other balances the route works fine.

« Last Edit: April 04, 2016, 03:08:33 PM by sami »

Offline Sami

• Administrator
  • Members
    • AirwaySim - Are you the next Richard Branson?
Re: Error in available cargo space when manually blocking seats
« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2016, 02:21:27 PM »
Cargo may become volume or payload limited. Did you check/count for these?

Offline knobbygb

• Members
« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2016, 08:52:51 PM »
Yeah I understand that, but all I did was change the blocked seat count from 155 to 154. I can't see how that would make all the "medium" capacity suddenly disappear. It should increase both the available weight AND volume, as it does as I progressively block more and more seats on other flights.  It seems like an error in the way the capacities are calculated and, since it only happens on one flight with very specific circumstances could it be some kind of rounding error in the calculations?
« Last Edit: April 02, 2016, 08:56:40 PM by knobbygb »

Offline Sami

• Administrator
  • Members
    • AirwaySim - Are you the next Richard Branson?
« Reply #3 on: April 04, 2016, 03:08:28 PM »
Didn't take into account the seat blocking there .. Fixed.

A/C: OO-BEC
Total cargo hold volume: 31.00 m3
Max Payload: 19 881 kg
Nominal range: 2530 NM
Route Distance: 2334 NM

=> Actual max payload on this route: 16830 kg (payload vs range chart).

Let's say we limit to 50 pax only, our pax payload should be 4750kg, leaving 12080 kg for cargo. 30/70% split means 8460kg for light cargo (84.6m3) and 3620kg for standard cargo (14.48m3). However since our cargo hold volume is smaller the actual amounts will be 1690kg light and 1820 kg standard - so volume limited.

With no seat blocking values are CL 630 kg & CS 680 kg.

WARNING! This website is not compatible with the old version of Internet Explorer you are using.

If you are using the latest version please turn OFF the compatibility mode.