Edit account
» Achievements
» Logout
Game Credits
Credit balance: 0 Cr
Buy credits
» Credit history
» Credits FAQ

Author Topic: [-] No tablet view from Android tablet  (Read 175 times)

Offline Nicsnid

• Members
[-] No tablet view from Android tablet
« on: March 26, 2016, 05:20:41 AM »

Yesterday I rooted my Nexus 9 tablet from stock Android 6.0.1 to run Dirty Unicorns Android 6.0.1.  Before this I always got the nice tablet view from any browser on my tablet, no matter which browser. But since this I am unable to view the tablet interface from my tablet, but this only happens on AirwaySim. (Or else I would try to resolve this somewhere else of course :) )

I've tried several major news websites and similar which have tablet interfaces, and it all works fine. But AirwaySim shows the desktop site
whatever I try.

Is there a way to somehow force tablet view by adding a string to the address bar when opening the site or something similar?

I'll attach 2 screenshots, one from the AWS interface and one with some user agent info that might be helpful.
« Last Edit: April 04, 2016, 11:52:51 AM by sami »

Offline Sami

• Administrator
  • Members
    • AirwaySim - Are you the next Richard Branson?
Re: No tablet view from Android tablet
« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2016, 11:52:45 AM »
The layout is not parsed on server side at all. The system always sends out the full layout and then the browser figures out by himself what to show, based on the resolution and such (based on CSS style parameters; so called responsive layout). So there is no separate address or tag that can be added to forcefully load the mobile view.

Also means that the layout issue comes from the browser you are using.. Not sure if there is some config options available but nothing can be done at our end to it.

WARNING! This website is not compatible with the old version of Internet Explorer you are using.

If you are using the latest version please turn OFF the compatibility mode.