Edit account
» Achievements
» Logout
Game Credits
Credit balance: 0 Cr
Buy credits
» Credit history
» Credits FAQ

Author Topic: Game Speed (length of day)  (Read 368 times)

Offline JumboShrimp

• Members
Game Speed (length of day)
« on: March 24, 2016, 07:57:59 PM »
Currently, the day length varies from 20 to 35 RL minutes per game day, depending on the game year.

I think the game speed should work differently:

When the game world starts (no matter what year), the game day should be 35 minutes.  It should accelerate to 20 minutes per day.  Maybe 30 minutes after 5 years, 25 after 10 years, 20 after 15 years (until the end of the game world)

When the game world starts, there is a lot to do for the player.  Later on, say last 10 years between 2020-2030, players just upgrade / swap some aircraft, occasionally add a flight.  There is not really a lot to do.  Faster speed later on would be an antidote to boredom.

Offline SAUR E. SAUR

• Members
Re: Game Speed (length of day)
« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2016, 09:18:38 PM »
35 min days curently in GW#3 is a killer. Nothing to do. I think 20 or 30 is good. As a side benefit, it's also easier to calculate when in real time a plane comes in, etc...

Offline gazzz0x2z

• Members
« Reply #2 on: March 24, 2016, 09:39:46 PM »
It really depends on how often you can connect to the game. The 15 minutes speed of the cargo test game is really insane. You can buy 3 used planes every 2h20m of real time. 35 minutes is quieter.

I guess the most active players would love 15 min day in a real competitive world. But for players who can connect only once or twice per day, it would be unplayable.

Offline [ATA] Hassel

• Members
« Reply #3 on: March 24, 2016, 09:50:59 PM »
... As a side benefit, it's also easier to calculate when in real time a plane comes in, etc...

if you press the clock you get a new window with a time converter, this can be very useful with these longer gw

Offline SAUR E. SAUR

• Members
« Reply #4 on: March 25, 2016, 12:12:56 AM »
Oh I know, but I like to "guesstimate":)

Offline sam12t

• Members
« Reply #5 on: March 27, 2016, 02:01:57 AM »
I agree, later on in the game it does get a bit boring

WARNING! This website is not compatible with the old version of Internet Explorer you are using.

If you are using the latest version please turn OFF the compatibility mode.