Edit account
» Achievements
» Logout
Game Credits
Credit balance: 0 Cr
Buy credits
» Credit history
» Credits FAQ

Author Topic: [-] 1st airline to order a type - 2nd one gets the launch discount?  (Read 259 times)

Offline Nicsnid

• Members
Hi.

In GW4 the 737-700ER was launched on 13 feb 2007, and I was quick to order it the same day it was launched. During the order I was not offered the launch customer discount, but I needed 10 of these so I ordered anyway. During the following game day I was still the only one who ordered this model. Now I see from the news feed that an airline that ordered 2 game days later got the launch customer discount. How is this possible? 10% discount in this case would equal the cost of 1 whole aircraft, $92.3 millions.

What has happened and why didn't I receive the discount I should have received?

Thanks!
Robert
« Last Edit: March 23, 2016, 07:08:55 AM by sami »

Offline ZombieSlayer

• Members
Re: 1st airline to order a type - 2nd one gets the launch discount?
« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2016, 08:40:23 PM »
There is a minimum order to get the discount which varies by type. It used to be 5 planes across the board, now I think it is more for some models than others.
Co-Founder Elite Worldwide Alliance
CEO PacAir
Designated "Tier 1 Opponent"

Offline JumboShrimp

• Members

The person who likes this post:
« Reply #2 on: March 22, 2016, 09:39:54 PM »
At one point, I suggested that this (5 aircraft) should change that the number should go up.  Maybe it was implemented already.  :)

Offline Nicsnid

• Members
« Reply #3 on: March 22, 2016, 09:48:46 PM »
There is a minimum order to get the discount which varies by type. It used to be 5 planes across the board, now I think it is more for some models than others.
Well, this could explain it then. I have ordered 10 of another type previously and got the discount, so it never struck me that it could be a variable limit. Thank you for your help!  :)

Offline Sami

• Administrator
  • Members
    • AirwaySim - Are you the next Richard Branson?

The 4 people who like this post:
« Reply #4 on: March 23, 2016, 07:07:15 AM »
http://www.airwaysim.com/forum/index.php/topic,58865.msg361006.html#msg361006

For size class Large, 20 planes needed for the launch customer discount. So not a bug.

But I could add this info somewhere to the interface.. Like "order 10 more to get a discount".

WARNING! This website is not compatible with the old version of Internet Explorer you are using.

If you are using the latest version please turn OFF the compatibility mode.