Aircraft Size to Airport Size

Started by 11Air, March 06, 2016, 07:14:09 AM

11Air

A silly mistake, leased an aircraft (B762) too large for my airport.  Checked the runway length and that's fine.  Checked the base size - Oh Oh,
So I opened a new base at the far end of the route I wanted to serve.  Sorted?  No.  Base there also limited.
But I can't upgrade my bases to service the extra-large aircraft I've leased on 5yrs so now I'm stuck.

So, found the real problem.  The B767-200 has a minimum range.  The route I wanted to cover was less than 1000nm so I can't select my Bulk Carrier even though the bases and runway are adequate.  Perhaps this is a bug report after all.  Shuffling my fleet to sort the problem, I can use the 767 on longer routes but this is going to cost my airline big time.

11Air  Issue in BW-2.

did search Feature Requests but nothing relevant and can't initiate.  It's nor a Bug Request really so posted here in hope.

Andre

I'm not sure why you can't fly the plane.. it has a minimum range?

But in general, the system in Airwaysim is rigged so that below 2500 nm or so (unless its international flights) you should run single aisle planes (737,A320,MD-90) and so on. The widebodies are better utilized on longer routes.

You can declare bankruptcy and start over again without having to pay for the game world one more time. The beginner's worlds are there to experiment and learn, so don't worry.

schro

There are limits as to the size of plane that can fly to certain airport classes as well. So, which airport is it you're trying to schedule?

If I'm remembering right, a "Small (2)" airport can only use aircraft classes small, medium and large, and an "Insignificant (1)" can only use a small or medium class aircraft.

L1011fan

Maybe not enough room at the terminal?