Edit account
» Achievements
» Logout
Game Credits
Credit balance: 0 Cr
Buy credits
» Credit history
» Credits FAQ

Author Topic: INTERNATIONAL SCHDULEING  (Read 610 times)

Offline tdf42

• Members
INTERNATIONAL SCHDULEING
« on: March 05, 2016, 05:37:48 PM »
I need help....how can you have the same DEP time for an international flight everyday if its a +24 hour turnaround? Multiple planes?

Offline Cardinal

• Members
Re: INTERNATIONAL SCHDULEING
« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2016, 06:44:42 PM »
Yes. Multiple planes.

Offline Andre

• Members
« Reply #2 on: March 05, 2016, 08:52:57 PM »
Use 7 planes, one for each day of the week. And then you schedule one flight per aircraft per day.

So when you create a new route, click the "Create each day as a seperate route" box. Then you schedule each day on each aircraft.

Offline wapp11

• Members

The person who likes this post:
« Reply #3 on: March 05, 2016, 10:00:06 PM »
Will look like this using 7 A/C, 7 day scheduling.

Offline tdf42

• Members
« Reply #4 on: March 06, 2016, 02:10:31 AM »
Thanks guys.

Offline tdf42

• Members
« Reply #5 on: March 06, 2016, 02:20:15 AM »
Use 7 planes, one for each day of the week. And then you schedule one flight per aircraft per day.

So when you create a new route, click the "Create each day as a seperate route" box. Then you schedule each day on each aircraft.
  Thought I got it, but is that for just one route? How do I add other routes?

Offline ZombieSlayer

• Members
« Reply #6 on: March 06, 2016, 03:14:01 AM »
Ok, this is your schedulinh flow for "7 day scheduling"

- go to open route page, select several destinations and open each in a new tab.

- adjust departure times of each route until the selected destinations would fill 7 days less time for  maintenance checks.

- go back and open each route, being sure to click box that says create each day as separate route.

-go to assign route to aircraft, select appropriate days to go on each plane (ie if 7 flights going on each plane, you would presumably assigb flights departing, in order, days 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 then plane 2 dyas 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 1 qnd so on)

- assign maintenance checks

- hire staff
Co-Founder Elite Worldwide Alliance
CEO PacAir
Designated "Tier 1 Opponent"

Offline tdf42

• Members
« Reply #7 on: March 06, 2016, 04:29:44 AM »
Ok, this is your schedulinh flow for "7 day scheduling"

- go to open route page, select several destinations and open each in a new tab.

- adjust departure times of each route until the selected destinations would fill 7 days less time for  maintenance checks.

- go back and open each route, being sure to click box that says create each day as separate route.

-go to assign route to aircraft, select appropriate days to go on each plane (ie if 7 flights going on each plane, you would presumably assigb flights departing, in order, days 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 then plane 2 dyas 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 1 qnd so on) One more question and thanks for your help...how many destinations can you fly to with this arrangement considering there are 26 and 27 hour flight times?

- assign maintenance checks

- hire staff

Offline tdf42

• Members
« Reply #8 on: March 06, 2016, 04:31:24 AM »
One more question and thanks for the help...how many destinations can you fly to using this method considering 24+ hour flight times?

Offline Pukeko

• Members
« Reply #9 on: March 06, 2016, 05:17:26 AM »
One more question and thanks for the help...how many destinations can you fly to using this method considering 24+ hour flight times?
If every return flight is over 24 hours then the maximum possible is 6 - as you have to schedule weekly maintenance as well, but it may be less depending on how long the flight is, or more if some of your flights are less than 24 hours return.

Offline tdf42

• Members
« Reply #10 on: March 06, 2016, 05:42:16 AM »
If every return flight is over 24 hours then the maximum possible is 6 - as you have to schedule weekly maintenance as well, but it may be less depending on how long the flight is, or more if some of your flights are less than 24 hours return.
I have 6 flights that are 24 hrs but for optimum  flight times they get back at different times so I am guessing that  is that something I have to give up to make it work?

Offline kfcheong

• Members
« Reply #11 on: March 06, 2016, 03:06:00 PM »
But you can only lease 2 planes at first. How do you schedule daily flights with only 2 planes and not 7?? This has always been in my mind but too scared to ask because it's such a noob question.

Offline Pukeko

• Members

The person who likes this post:
« Reply #12 on: March 06, 2016, 03:21:31 PM »
But you can only lease 2 planes at first. How do you schedule daily flights with only 2 planes and not 7?? This has always been in my mind but too scared to ask because it's such a noob question.

Scheduling your first 2 planes to long haul is a very quick way to a fast bankruptcy. I'm not saying its not possible, but generally inadvisable.

Offline kfcheong

• Members
« Reply #13 on: March 06, 2016, 03:31:20 PM »
Or what about when I am pretty established and I want to start my first long haul. I'll only have 2 planes instead of 7. How do I schedule the flights?

Offline ZombieSlayer

• Members
« Reply #14 on: March 06, 2016, 03:34:29 PM »
Exactly. There are exceptions to the rule  (JNB comes to mind, and LHR-JFK or vice versa) but in general short haul works better to start.

That being said, if you do choose to start with long haul, you cant do daily service. Your best bet it to create the 7 day schedule and fly it twice a week at first, adding days as you can add planes.
Co-Founder Elite Worldwide Alliance
CEO PacAir
Designated "Tier 1 Opponent"

Offline Pukeko

• Members
« Reply #15 on: March 06, 2016, 04:00:37 PM »
Or what about when I am pretty established and I want to start my first long haul. I'll only have 2 planes instead of 7. How do I schedule the flights?

well...you either wait until you have 7 planes, or you muck around with the,scheduling a bit. Or you run seven individual routes for the 1st plane and add the same routes for the consecutive days as tue other planes arrive. It depends how much time you want to spend on it.
« Last Edit: March 06, 2016, 04:03:13 PM by Pukeko »

Offline Andre

• Members
« Reply #16 on: March 07, 2016, 04:34:11 PM »
The reason only 2 long haul planes scheduled might not be economically viable, is that the overhead costs (staff, maintenance, fleet commonality) are larger than your income. It is possible to run long haul operations without doing 7-day scheduling, but you should at least have more than 2 long haul aircraft.

For example, you can schedule a 4500nm route every other day of the week. Then you find another route that fits between that route. Do the same for aircraft nr 2. This way you can run 2 planes, or 4 planes or whatever you please. But 7-day scheduling is the most economical and effective way of doing it.

WARNING! This website is not compatible with the old version of Internet Explorer you are using.

If you are using the latest version please turn OFF the compatibility mode.