Edit account
» Achievements
» Logout
Game Credits
Credit balance: 0 Cr
Buy credits
» Credit history
» Credits FAQ

Author Topic: tweaking the demand  (Read 2092 times)

Offline [ATA] Sunbao

• Members
    • FmFreaks
Re: tweaking the demand
« Reply #20 on: May 14, 2016, 06:34:49 PM »
But why should passengers from Athens for example not be interested anymore to fly to Japan just because a new Airport opens??? This makes no sense. Why can't demand numbers just be transferred to the other airport?

Yeah the drop is crazy from ist im down from just under 1000 to 350

Offline ZombieSlayer

• Members
« Reply #21 on: May 17, 2016, 01:04:47 PM »
HND-LHR was about 1400/day, NRT-LHR is about 700....so yeah, 50% demand drop. I don;t remember this change being a downgrade in demand?
Co-Founder Elite Worldwide Alliance
CEO PacAir
Designated "Tier 1 Opponent"

Online Seven

• Members
« Reply #22 on: May 17, 2016, 05:59:13 PM »
Let's just say that there will be growth always.. Sometimes faster, sometimes slower.

On that subject, the city based demand system would allow to create news about economy situation in each country. So we could produce for example "economy forecast" reports for each country where your staff will predict on the outlook of next few years (thought of this a few days ago, but not planned in detail at all yet).

Well it would help our fleet development teams.
And not even talk about the fuel prediction teeams,which are more wrong then right.

Offline JumboShrimp

• Members
« Reply #23 on: May 17, 2016, 10:02:35 PM »
HND-LHR was about 1400/day, NRT-LHR is about 700....so yeah, 50% demand drop. I don;t remember this change being a downgrade in demand?

The same 50% drop in demand on NRT-DXB.

Online Air Azure [President and CEO]

• Members

The person who likes this post:
« Reply #24 on: May 18, 2016, 09:56:07 AM »
The same 50% drop in demand on NRT-DXB.

Now imagine me seing a 50% drop in ALL my routes :'( My fleet planning and profits went down the drain which should not happen when a new airport is going to be opened unless it is called BER.

Online Scott

• Members
« Reply #25 on: May 20, 2016, 07:44:06 AM »
North Africa seems to have taken a hit in demand that I can't see explained in the news. All the airlines I can see have had a drop in pax numbers over the last week.  Looking at my route income I would say that is is continuing into this week too.

Offline JumboShrimp

• Members
« Reply #26 on: May 20, 2016, 08:54:19 AM »
North Africa seems to have taken a hit in demand that I can't see explained in the news. All the airlines I can see have had a drop in pax numbers over the last week.  Looking at my route income I would say that is is continuing into this week too.

Same here.  I ended up with 126 new oversupply warnings (!!!).

Online Scott

• Members
« Reply #27 on: May 20, 2016, 11:09:56 AM »
Glad I am not alone then! Into the third week of this strange decrease in traffic.

Offline [ATA] Oscjo290

• Members
« Reply #28 on: May 20, 2016, 12:03:26 PM »
Did Sami do 9/11 here instead of Gw3 where demand is unchanged after 9/11

Offline Andre090904

• Members
« Reply #29 on: May 20, 2016, 05:33:28 PM »
Yes, something is strange in GW2. Down to 14million route sales from 17million without apparant reason.

What's happening?

Offline JumboShrimp

• Members
« Reply #30 on: June 01, 2016, 07:21:01 PM »
Not quite sure what is going on with demand growth, if it is happening at all.

I have a route that is slightly oversupplied, and got some oversupply warnings in mid 70s, during a temporary, short lived downturn.  I did not fix it, it went away in a week or two.

Now, 5-6 years later, another downturn, and another set of oversupply warnings on the same route.  If the growth was in 1%-3% range, I should have built up 6-18% cushion in the last half a decade.  Looks like it either did not happen or the downturn this time is bigger than last time...

Offline [ATA] Sunbao

• Members
    • FmFreaks
« Reply #31 on: June 02, 2016, 07:09:36 AM »

Same happened to Jeddah when moved to new airport demand is down from like 400 to 180

WARNING! This website is not compatible with the old version of Internet Explorer you are using.

If you are using the latest version please turn OFF the compatibility mode.